Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultra slow broad band

steve991
Grafter

ultra slow broad band

HI there

I've been beset with slow broadband ever since I signed up to plusnet, it also frequently drops making it virtually unusable, I frequently get much better speed tethering to my phone. Could you have a look please?

ping 669ms download 0.5 mbps upload 0.23mbps

Many thanks

Steve

40 REPLIES 40
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: ultra slow broad band

Hi @steve991, I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing connection issues.

The connection certainly looks as though it was dropping out a fairly significant amount yesterday and this has likely resulted in banding being applied to the line by DLM (Dynamic Line Management) to try and stabilise the connection.

I've put a request through to remove the banding, however this doesn't necessarily mean there's not still an underlying issue.

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/
It may also be worth connecting to the test socket to try and rule out issues caused by internal wiring. More information on this can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242
If you continue to experience problems after this, please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it: https://faults.plus.net

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
steve991
Grafter

HI there

Thanks for looking so quickly at this. I'm now getting -295 ms ping/ 3.24mbps download and 0.20mbps upload. There must be an underlying issue as its gone on for ages.

thanks again

Steve

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @steve991

Let us know please once you've done the checks my colleague has suggested on his above post and once you've raised the fault from here so we can progress it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

will do, thanks again

steve991
Grafter

Hi there

My broadband has not improved one iota. In fact I often have to use my phone for a connection as its so slow or drops out all the time. I've done all the tests you've asked for. Please can we sort this out once and for all?

Its massively inconvenient.

Cheers

Steve

steve991
Grafter

Hi there,

latest test:

1284 ms 0.37 Mb/s 0.02 Mb/s

ping          download    upload

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us Steve.

I've checked your account and I can't see where you've reported a fault to us, can you try going through the link above? Do drop us a reply over here once you've completed it as this will allow us to get the ticket picked up as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
steve991
Grafter

HI there

thanks for reply. There has been a fault reported but I think it expired as sometimes the speed goes to something like usable. In essence there's been a problem since day one, It must be the line itself I think.

Cheers

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Steve. Are you able to raise a new fault so we can get this progressed with our suppliers and arrange an engineer visit to investigate further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
steve991
Grafter

HI there

How do I do that? cant you do it from your end?

This is the last time I raised a fault:

Hi Steve.

The noise on your line is likely going to be the underlying issue, so it'd be best to get that looked at. I've created a support ticket on your account which you can view and reply to from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184570123

You'll need to be logged into your account before clicking on the link.

If you drop us a message over here once you've replied we'll be happy to pick it up as soon as we can and book the appointment in for an engineer to visit.

PNHelp100x100(biglogo).png

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Twitter2.pngFacebook2.pngYouTube2.png\

Moderators Note: Fixed quote to make it clearer. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Steve.

My colleagues have provided you with the link to report a fault further up this thread on message 2 and message 4. It's http://faults.plus.net however if you can advise specifically what tests you've done we'll be happy to raise the fault on your behalf. For example is your router currently plugged into the test socket and is your line still noisy?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
steve991
Grafter

Hello

I'm getting truly fed up of the service I'm getting from Plusnet, I've had problems consistently ever since I sighned up. Now the connection is dropping for considerable periods of time. When it is connected its extremely slow to the point of unusablity. I often have to thether to my phone, I need an engineer to come out.

Could you have a look please?

cheers

Steve

steve991
Grafter

The line is noisy, I dont have time to do all the checks I've done before to no avail, I'm completing a PhD, this is most innconvenient!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @steve991,

We are sincerely sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your phone line and broadband, as well as for any inconvenience this has caused.

I have run a test on your line and it isn't flagging up any potential issue and at this point we would ask that you go through the checks before we send an engineer.

While you may have done the checks previously it is possible that your internal wiring or equipment can go faulty at anytime. We would recommend raising a fault here, and updating this thread so that I can progress this further for you.

I have also created a ticket here, so that I can keep a check on the fault and progress it forward promptly.

Sammy

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team