cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer broadband account from old to new computer

PK3

transfer broadband account from old to new computer

I tried to set up my plus net connection in my new computer. I tried to install it by  inserting the Voyager 105 usb cd but it didn't work - I couldn't get a connection. I used the easy tansfer cable and that didn't work either. Its resulted in a message saying my ISDN channel is removed. It also tells me I have error 624 and error 797. When I put in the cd now it goes straight to reboot (as if I havesuccessfully  completed installation - which I have not.) I cannot open the Installation Guide on the cd - and the "install drivers" ends in this immediate response to reboot. The modem still works in my old computer, as do all the elements in the cd. My new computer has Vista. Can anyone adivse me in simple non technical language how to connect my new computer up?
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: transfer broadband account from old to new computer

Your Voyager 105 USB modem will not work on Vista - ever. The drivers are not compatible with Vista and drivers for that operating system are not being provided.
The best way to get your Vista computer connected is to use a router with integrated modem and connect to the router using an Ethernet cable.
David
James
Grafter

Hi there,
As has already been suggested, you could move to Broadband Your Way and I'd recommend Option 2.  That will give you 8GB of peak usage (8am until midnight) per month and costs £14.99 per month.
You would also be entitled to a free 1 port wireless router if you stayed with us for a further 12 months.
Adam1V
Grafter

a shiney new router is certainly the way to go.
That way, if you wanted to keep your old PC too (for other family members to surf) they could do so by simply plugging that too into the router.  Cool