cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange username for DSL

keyshome
Dabbler

strange username for DSL

I've just upgraded a Force9 dial-up account for a friend to a 'Force 9 BBYW Option 1' account and the DSL username given is REALLY long, see below (I've input some x characters to hide the actual username);
xxx4974886831afc7xxx7eaxxx6xxx@f9.co.uk
Is this normal ?  Or has something gone wrong ?
Cheers
Andy Keys
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: strange username for DSL

This is the username for the temporary upgrade account, the one that we do all the upgrade work on (this is kept separate from the current dialup account so as not to interfere with service). You won't need to use this username at all, it's tied to the 'proper' account, and as soon as the broadband is activated everything will transfer over and the temporary account will close.
Hope that helps,
keyshome
Dabbler

Quote from: orbrey
This is the username for the temporary upgrade account, the one that we do all the upgrade work on (this is kept separate from the current dialup account so as not to interfere with service). You won't need to use this username at all, it's tied to the 'proper' account, and as soon as the broadband is activated everything will transfer over and the temporary account will close.
Hope that helps,

OK, I understand now... it might be an idea for Force9 to mention how this works within the 'account setup info pages' (or perhaps it IS mentioned somewhere and I didn't find it).  Anyway,  Many Thanks for explaining !
Colin
Grafter

I've raised a problem on this after I found it when I was testing something earlier and it jogged my memory of this thread.