Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed loss

awesomejedi
Hooked

speed loss

Hey All ,

when i first signed up to plusnet my speeds were around 50ish mb , then it was around 42mb satble for a few years .

ive now noticed that my speed is 22-25 mb . yet nothing has changed with my line, when i complain about speed or ask when they are trying to offer me a new contract , 

they are saying its low because the copper lines are degrading, but if this is the case in 2 years i will have now internet , and if they are degrading then why do we use copper pipes for water ...

anyone else having speed loss and disconecctions in the early hours ?

are we being throttled or is it the lines ?

cheers for any help or info.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: speed loss

@awesomejedi Welcome to the forums. A couple of questions- which router/hub are you using, and is this reduction gradual or drastic?

To start trying to help, it would be useful if you could post the result from here: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL - obscuring your phone number, but including the narrative at the bottom.

John
awesomejedi
Hooked

Hi Jab , i use a tp link AC 1200 , ive used it for a few years now as the plusnet hub was a bit pants.

heres the result from btchecker.

i noticed that it went from around 48mb down to mid 30s last year and ive only noticed now that its been reduced to 22mb now.

ive tried other hub and new cable from wall socket.

when i mentioned to online chat they said its due to the copper wires degrading! 

jab1
Legend

If you look at that checker, the ranges are 49.6high/35low Hand Back Threshold 32.4 on a 'clean' line and 48.9/32.4/27.4on an 'impacted' one so you are below the Hand Back rate - get back to them.

John
awesomejedi
Hooked

Hi Jab ,

is there a way to get onto them besides text messages ? 

thanks

jab1
Legend

Yes - call them (0800 432 0200) between 0800-2000.

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

26.2 is what the sync speed is at the minute. It's below the minimum speed. What's the setup look like? Obviously as stated above you are using the TP link but the rest of it, are you in the main socket? Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs I just need to get the full picture.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team