Did you mean: 

pay as you go to broadband your way

mojorisin
Grafter

pay as you go to broadband your way

Hi all
Sorry if this has been done already but here goes
Currently on pay as you go with 4gb allowance for £16.99 with static ip
Would i have the same benefits if i switched to the Broadband your way option 3 for £14.99 with 8gb usuage or does this eventually end up like broadband plus and crawl when you get near your limit ?
Also want to make sure i keep my static ip
Is it really ok for gaming ?

cheers
mojo
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: pay as you go to broadband your way

Hi there,
The first place I would advise you visit is here so you can see the different speed levels expected on BBYW compared to PAYG.
On BBYW you can use the full allowance of the account before restrictions come into place, when you hit the usage allowance you can then either:-
Leave it as is, your speeds will be restricted to 128Kbps until your billing date
or
Pay for extra GBs at £1 per GB
Hope this helps
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
There's no slowdowns as you approach your usage limit.
Rather than my answering the question about whether or not it's suitable for online gaming, I reckon your best bet is to get feedback from other gamers.
You might want to try the gaming forum for that.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?board=10.0
Which you seem to have found already Smiley
mojorisin
Grafter

thanks for the replies guys just wanted to make sure that i wouldnt lose anything by switching as the other package gives more gb's for less and i cant see any other reason not to switch
regarding my static address how would that go ? will it automatically stay with me or do i need to request something ?
mherbert
Grafter

The following post may help answer your question
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=69.0
Customers moving onto Broadband Your Way from a current product with a Static IP will retain it following the change of product.

Hope that helps.
mojorisin
Grafter

So does anyone know of any reasons why i shouldnt change to broadband your way from pay as you go ?

seems to good to be true less money a month for more gb's downloads
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The only issue that I'm aware of is that you satisfy yourself that the different traffic-shaping applied between PAYG and BBYW2 will not impact on your type of usage.  Kitz' side-by-side comparison here might assist in making that decision (the link provided earlier by Chris would have taken you there eventually if you'd followed the links through).
If gaming is your forte from what I've read BBYW2 should be fine, though I don't have personal experience to confirm that.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: spraxyt
(the link provided earlier by Chris would have taken you there eventually if you'd followed the links through).

The link I gave goes directly to the same comparison tool but on the UserGroup website Wink
Gaming shouldn't be a problem on BBYW option 2, it's still prioritised to give the best performance possible.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.