Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noisy line - intermittent broadband

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

noisy line - intermittent broadband

Hello,

My daughter is suffering from intermittent broadband.  When this happens and we check the line it is always crackly.  We've removed the front off the box and plugged a telephone directly into the inside socket but the problem remains so it is presumably outside the property.  This can happen for a couple of days and then it will be ok for days - sometimes a couple of weeks then reappears again.

I've spoken to Plusnet about this and their reply is generally along the lines of 'leave it for now and see what happens'...  What happens is nothing, the fault remains.  I'm obviously concerned that if it is reported and Open Reach turn up they may not find a problem and bill us.  However having days when broadabnd is not available is not really acceptable.

Has Plusnet (or Open Reach) the facility to monitor a line for long periods?  Plusnet did check the line for us once and it didn't highlight any issues but obviously when they checked the line was OK !!!

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: noisy line - intermittent broadband

Hi there, 

I've been testing your line but no obvious issues have been flagged up. 

If this continues to be a problem we'd need to arrange an engineer visit. With that in mind I recommend ruling out the checks here first: https://goo.gl/hcHRDv

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Hi there Adam, thanks for your input,

You've probably been testing MY line as opposed to my daughter's - she lives ~4 miles away and when I spoke to her earlier today she was saying she still has a problem...

Can I PM you with her number ?

PNnewbie
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

Just PM'd you...

Thanks,

John

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi John, I've just dropped a reply to your message.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team