cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my router stats

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: my router stats

I know i should not worry about my speed within the first ten days but i switched on monday and today is thur,my pn profile is still sat at 2000kbps and my bt profile is still sat at 7150 or there abouts,ive been switching my router on and off atleast 3 times a day but no change,just wondering is this the norm?should i continue switching my router on and off or leave it on all the time?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am afraid you are going to need to be patient - the BT systems are notoriously inflexible and Plusnet can't do a thing until the 10 days training period is complete.
I wouldn't switch off more than once a day as it is just possible that the automatic systems might think it is a bit unstable
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ah right ok thanks for that oldjim,ill just turn my router off once a day and see how it goes by next week Smiley
scootie
Grafter

try and do the router reboot around around midday day when noise is genraly at its lowest to insure the highest sync rate possable. 
if youve got the profiles the right way round in your last post and bts is now at 7150 an PN's at 2000 hopefuly the pn one will update at some point today
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Missed that - you are correct
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ok i rebooted my router about 2.20pm and heres the stats of the bt tester..

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 7000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 4594 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

And my router stats after reboot are..
Statistics Downstream                            Upstream
Line Rate 8096 Kbps                              448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate 10880 Kbps        1136 Kbps
Noise Margin 14.3 dB                            25.0 dB
Line Attenuation 0.0 dB                          5.5 dB
Output Power 12.4 dBm                        15.8 dBm

Seems my pn profile has updated from 2000 to 7000..
scootie
Grafter

i wouldnt use bt speed tester for speed tests its very in acrute just use it to see your bt ip profile use the http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ instead for thoughput tests
Steve
Seasoned Pro

So heres the speed test done by your recommended link and the results are great!! at last i am geting the proper service im paying for with my money,tiscali got know where near this and im using all the same setup.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Going back to a suggestion I made earlier - if you are into gaming you should ask for interleaving to be turned off as this will about halve your pings on a normal site
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for that,i am into my gaming and mostly play in the evenings,should i wait till my ten day period is done before requesting my interleaving to be switched off?ive heard having it off may cause problems but thats just what ive heard? Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

As you say it would be safer to wait until the training period is over although with your stats I wouldn't expect any problems
scootie
Grafter

well i ru8n it on my line which runs the length  of derbyshire b4 getin to my house  Sad . i get a high number of errors but no sync problems and with your line length i wouldnt see it causing any problems it only takes around 24hours from PN getting your request to turn it ON or OFF so no biggy if it did cause problems.
you may as well wait for the 10 days to be up if your gaming is pretty fine at the mo then there is no risk of you lowering your fault theshold rate during the training