cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

left hand menus - will they return

Liam
Grafter

Re: left hand menus - will they return

Worry not then, Matt.  We're more than happy for people to continue using legacy products.  You upgrade, only if you wish!
Anyway, getting back on topic.  Mitch has updated the prototype here :-  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=464.0
shellsong
Grafter

Prettifying the forum isn't on topic - have you forgotten that this topic is about the missing left hand side menus? I'm inclined to agree with Chesterfield on this stupid lack of integration!
...and while we're about it maybe I should point out that this change has got PlusNet out of the illegality that their forum has been suffering from for a long time of not displaying the proper phpbb acknowledgement at the foot of each page!
Liam
Grafter

Your understanding, James, is the same as ours.  No laws were broken in removing the credit.  The SMF credit is, indeed, still present.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Liam
The SMF credit is, indeed, still present.

Which is handy as going off to the SMF website and forums you can find out some cool ways of getting even more out of these forums.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
br1anstorm
Rising Star

This thread has developed in various loosely-connected directions,  but applause to Penny and Jelv for making such creditable efforts to re-work the design and layout...
and "hear hear" to Neil's suggestions (a) for separate thread about new design options and (b) for a competition and poll/vote to generate new design;
The talk of mugs is worrying though (quote from OED:  "mug -  simpleton, gullible person").  What next?  The PUG-Mug?
br1anstorm
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

<off topic>
*wonders if there are still one or two 'leagacy mugs' knocking about with the old PlusNet UK logo on*
</off topic>

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

shellsong
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
Quote from: shellsong
...and while we're about it maybe I should point out that this change has got PlusNet out of the illegality that their forum has been suffering from for a long time of not displaying the proper phpbb acknowledgement at the foot of each page!

You need to be careful before you accuse people, especially companies of illegal actions. Shocked
My view after repeated readings of the rules over the years;
The requirement from http://phpbb.com/rules states only that the acknowledgement is a requirement for gaining support from the development team, also a parallel requirement is that the source code must be unchanged for support to be offered.

From the phpbb.com link provided:
j.  Members are requested to retain the full copyright as shown on the default subSilver template. If for good reason this message cannot be displayed we request at least the "Powered by phpBB" be retained with phpBB linked to www.phpbb.com ... said message should be plainly visible and not hidden in the background colour, and so forth.