cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant service drops & naturally slow speed too

KitFox
Grafter

constant service drops & naturally slow speed too

Well having waited rather obviously in vain for your support team to pull thier finger out and actually look at my problem it look like the only way i'm going to get any help is to post here till i'm blue in the face (how very british)
So having suffered constant disconnects/reconnects from the 18th & of course thanks to BT the attendant line speed drop my internet has become all but unusable for the most basic of things for a short period of time until of course the connection decides to randomly drop again.
Support has been predictably slow and unable to help.  The line tests appear to be ok & there have been no changes made to the equipment/wiring configuration.  In fact the only change that has been made was to change the router from LLC/Encapsulation (which it has been using since I started using it with no trouble) to VC-Mux from the advice in the fault checker.  Of course it made no difference whatsoever, the problem remains.
For the information curious..
Mode :  G.DMT
Type: Interleave
Line Coding : Trellis On

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps) :                       1888  448
SNR Margin (dB) :               15.1  17.0
Attenuation (dB) :               55.0  26.5
Output Power (dBm) :       12.1  17.5
3 REPLIES 3
slipthru
Grafter

Re: constant service drops & naturally slow speed too

Have you tried plugging directly into the master socket?
Andrew_B
Grafter

Hi, sorry to hear you're having problems.
I've had a quick look at your ticket and can see you've answered the questions posed by our Faults Team on their last comment.
Your ticket was actually sat in the speed problems pool, so I've moved it to the Intermittent Connection pool so it's dealt with properly.
Someone should pick up your ticket soon, but in the meantime one thing I notice is that occasionally your router is freezing up, are you able to test with another router?  We'll be able to send you one to try if you can't.
If you can let us know via your open ticket then we'll take it from there.
KitFox
Grafter

Thank you Andrew for your time & response Smiley
I have responded to your point & although I have already tried the router I was using previously (albeit breifly) I shall attempt to use it again for a day or two this time and see if any changes have happened.
I feel I should apologise for coming off so annoyed & angry in my first post as the problem might not be caused by anyone being at fault.  It is a little frustrating though.