cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband speed

Teds31
Grafter

broadband speed

I have had really low speeds and drop outs since xmas ,I had an engineer out and he said he had cured the problem. Now its gone wrong again and I cant get any response from PN on my question 141348633, I'm getting a bit fed up with PN,maybe time for a change. 

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: broadband speed

I can see we've picked the fault up today.

Apologies for the delay.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Teds31
Grafter

After the problems I had before (see above) I have had 2 visits from engineers to ne avail my speed and disconnection is appalling ,it seems a waste of time,I now cannot use my on line banking and playing any type of game is impossible. Please dont fob me off with another engineers visit as that is also a waste of time ,for goodness sake get me reliable connection. Ted     

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems with your broadband service. I'm testing your line and I'm not identifying an issue, your connection has been stable for the past 13 days with only 1 drop at a speed of around 6.5 Mb/s.

Please could you run the BT speedtest for me by going to www.speedtest.btwholesale.com using a wired connection from a PC or Laptop, completing the further diagnostics and let us know once you've done this?

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Teds31
Grafter

I am beginning to think I am wasting my time and yours. The internet earlier today was impossible to use, but if you say there is no fault then forget it,is the easy way.Ted 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm sorry to hear this Ted.

I'm here to help, but we'll need to troubleshoot to get to the source of the problem you're experiencing.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Teds31 how are you connecting, wired or WiFi? And which device are you using? 

Teds31
Grafter

I have WiFi with A" THOMSON ROUTER ".

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

A view of the router stats would be a useful starting point.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.