cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Contract (and Billing Date) Commence?

Wheel_nut
Grafter

When does Contract (and Billing Date) Commence?

Does the Contract and more importantly, the Billing Date commence:
a) At the Time that BT Activate the Line? - or -
b) At the Time that the Client Router first Sync's to the Activated Line? - or -
c) At the Time that the Client Router first Logs on to the PlusNet service by entering the Username and Password provided by PlusNet?
7 REPLIES 7
LiamM
Grafter

Re: When does Contract (and Billing Date) Commence?

It either occurs :-
a) When BT confirm the activation or migration order has completed, or;
b) When you first connect to your PlusNet account.
As doing b means that a must be the case.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Liam,
I am trying to time the activation of a NEW line such that the billing date will be no earlier than the 1st of each month.
It may seem trivial but it is important to the customer that the direct debit happens between the 1st and 6th of each month.
What I am trying to do is to submit the order asap but not to connect the Router until the 1st of September. Will this work?
If not, when should I submit the order?
LiamM
Grafter

In reality, there isnt an easy way to get it spot on.  I would personally submit the order 5 working days from the 1st of the month. Assuming there are no delays, the activation date should then fall between your window. 
Failing this of course, there is always a nice quiet word in the ear of a friendly Comms member 😉
It starts from the day BT activate the line as that is when PlusNet begin to pay BT Wholesale for the asset.  Otherwise, you could order ADSL and not pay for it for a long time (a backup or something?).
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thanks Liam. That's what I will do.
Because of the hazard of the service being canceled if the D/D bounces, I want to make sure that it hits the account as soon as possible after the pai-in occurrs.
Thanks again for your insight and help.
R
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Once the order has been placed with BT you will receive an email advising of the activation date. If this does not tie in with your requirements we may be able to change it if you let us know as soon as possible.
In reality there are few problems with orders so if you allow the 5 days Liam recommends you should be fine.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Thanks for that. I will do as you say and if I run into a problem, I will pm you for help.  Smiley
R
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Bear in mind that Monday 27th August is a bank holiday; placing the order overnight 27/28th or early 28th might be a good bet to achieve the required objective.
When I signed up BB was activated a day earlier than was quoted in the original email.
David