cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulnerable customer with serious illness being ignored. Best way to get Plusnet to take action?

kcrussell
Dabbler

Vulnerable customer with serious illness being ignored. Best way to get Plusnet to take action?

Hello,

I am trying to assist a vulnerable customer who is having major problems with their Plusnet broadband service. Without going into details, they have a very serious illness, and the issue with the broadband connection is causing them additional unnecessary stress at a time when good communications are extremely important to them.

Essentially, the connection keeps failing, which they are resolving by repeatedly turning the router on and off. I have advised them against doing this repeatedly, but it is the only way they can get the connection working.

Plusnet have been contacted about the problem, and eventually sent an engineer out. I don't know the details of what the engineer did, but this did not resolve the problem. After another complaint, Plusnet sent out a new router. This has not resolved the problem.

Does anyone have tips about how to get Plusnet to take this seriously and get it fixed, please?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Vulnerable customer with serious illness being ignored. Best way to get Plusnet to take action?

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Vulnerable customer with serious illness being ignored. Best way to get Plusnet to take action?

@kcrussell It is always difficult to help people third hand. Are you able to actually attend their home, and supply some details/data?

John
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@kcrussell - With us sending an engineer and a new router already we’re in murky waters because everything we're responsible for has been checked/replaced. I can only assume something has been over looked internally to the property or externally by the engineer. That’s not to detract from the fact that it’s happening and I'm sorry for that. I'll send you a PM to get some details and I'll have a look what's happened so far, I could really do with you being at the property so I can ring you a use a camera tool through your phone to see how it's all set up, is that possible?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Meanwhile, some things to look out for - if you can:

Is the person on "broadband" over a copper landline (i.e. on FTTC)  or full fibre (i.e. FTTP)?

Do they have a conventional landline phone? If yes, you can use it to check for audible noise or crackling on the landline, by dialling the Quiet Line Test: 17070 then pressing 2.