Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN and TG582n Router

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

Re: VPN and TG582n Router

IKE is associated with IPSec VPNs. It could be that your wifes is a PPTP VPN and that's why it worked before. Unbinding IKE will have allowed your IPSec one to work.
Anyway , glad you got it to work, happy to have helped. Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gavinpurchase
Hooked

Hi - this is exactly the problem I'm having with my VPN 
I have tried to run the CMD as suggested by Mr W but I get a response of "failed to delete CONN binding"
Any suggestions??
gavinpurchase
Hooked

For anyone else reading this post, I would just like to say thank you to Mr W and others who have posted here. This has helped me fix an issue which Plusnet were unable to help with sinse easter!
I now have a working VPN connection!
Thanks.
skips

Hi, hope someone is still looking at this...
I am having exactly the same problem, when trying to Unbind IKE  i'm getting "failed to delete CONN binding" - - how did you manage to solve this, or is this a standard response from the router?
Cheers
cohlas

Hi All - am having a router trouble connecting to my VPN (work).
Started a new topic but plusnet have just come out with the same line of no VPN support.
My work have told me that BT or Plusnet have changed settings causing issues with this.
I've tried the first step above but when trying to enable telnet i get the attached error.
"windows couldnt complete the requested changes
the function attempted to use a name that is reserved for use by another transaction
error code: 0x80071a90
cohlas

telnet seems to be enables now the second time of trying, will do the above..........
cohlas

when trying to command in i get the error
cannot open connection to the host on port 23 connection failed
cohlas

I've also followed the guide to open up port 23 through windows firewall but its not worked...
really getting frustrated. vpn was 100% fine up until jan 3rd therefore it is a PLUSNET ISSUE and neither plusnet nor my works IT (who have encountered the problem before) are willing to help.