cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used over half my usage in less than a week!

patzb104

Used over half my usage in less than a week!

I  joined plusnet  just one week ago and checked my usage. today. I seem to have used over half of it in less than one week. I have a 10 GB allowance which I was told would me more than adequate for my needs. I was a Virgin media customer previously and never really had a problem except the phone package seemed expensive!
I am wondering now if I have made the right move!
I don`t have any problems with internet access so far, just the speed in which my monthly allowance seems to be going so fast!
Does anyone out there have the same problem or have any positive tips please?
3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Used over half my usage in less than a week!

• If you download/stream a lot of television then you will easily exceed your 10G allowance.  Try to use the free period between midnight and 8 am to download shows to watch later

• Check you have secured your wireless network to make sure somebody else isn't using it.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum patzb104 Smiley
Are there any other computers in use in the house?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi patzb104,
The majority of your usage is showing as peer to peer, you'll find that that will go through the usage allowance fairly quickly. I'd definitely recommend scheduling the programs you're using to work during the off peak hours (midnight to 8am), that way anything you use won't actually count towards your allowance. If you need a hand with that post back and we'll advise further.
Hope that helps,