cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed

adamkowalczyk

Upload speed

Hi,
My adsl upload is speed testing at 0.75 Mbps. I notice from some forum posts that there is an upload speed cap in place by default on user accounts.
Could you tell me if this cap is in place on my line?
If it is in place, I would be grateful if you could remove it.
Adam
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Upload speed

If your upload is capped it'll generally sync at 448, if it's already above this then it's likely to be uncapped. Your line is currently syncing at 888, with interleaving on. If it's not causing you any issues then it's probably worth leaving it as is.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamkowalczyk

I'm working on a project which requires slightly more upload bandwidth than I currently have. Could anything be done to try and increase it?
Interleaving was recently switched on to prevent repeated connection loss (and seems to have worked) so I suspect that ought to stay on.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Upstream capping/banding and interleaving can be confusing - you may wish to read posts #257 to #284.of the following, although I must warn you I am still somewhat confused about it :
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133845.msg1211160.html#msg1211160
For the record, my ADSL2+ connection has been synched at an upstream rate of 1203kpbs for a month now, with no interleaving and a target SNRM of 6dB, although I'm not able to advise you whether yours would also reliably support those sort of parameters - perhaps someone from CRT can.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

That's actually a pretty good rate with interleaving left on. And I wouldn't recommend taking it back off again to improve upload speeds.
If you fancy being drastic, I notice that fibre is available in your area which would drastically improve things with an estimated upload speed of 14.1mbps.
Let me know what you reckon.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet