Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed halved

nathan1111
Grafter

Re: Upload speed halved

Thank you Jelv Smiley
Would you happen to know (or anyone else) if they have a Local number rather then 0845 Number. I hate phone queues on mobiles thats all lol
pierre_pierre
Grafter

0114 296 5183
nathan1111
Grafter

Thank you Pierre_Pierre, much appreciated Smiley
And jelv... U really are a bright spark  Wink
nathan1111
Grafter

I'm currently receiving Lower Speeds over the past 2weeks. Why? I had an intermittent Sync Fault which was fixed, but the speeds were slower.
At which point Matt said he could try and get a reset of the SNR margin ( http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81885.16.html ) for me, but then replied saying Because ive moved onto an Upto 8mb on ADSL1 That it wasnt possible But he will try.
Now im Unsure if it was successful in getting a Reset but over past 2 Weeks Ive been getting quite slower Speeds Such as 4Mb/s as opposed to the 6.5 I was on

Current Info from PlusNet Account
Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
    VAUXHALL
Estimated line speed:
    5 - Checked on 2009-12-17 18:57:34
Current line speed:
Its Just become really bad, and would like it to be fixed please, and just to know why its gone to this slow.
Also Before my Line was able to receive Around 14Mb for ADSL2+ (Meaning thats what I probably would get) From Checking with Bt, But now Its saying I'm likely to get 6mb now, and Bt are saying My Distance from exchange is around 3Km, whereas before i remember it to be 1.8.
Strange thing is my SNR Via Router Stats has remained the same at 25db Downstream and by looking at that and calculating ( http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php )  it also says my distance is 1.8 Km from exchange. And also IP Profile 7150, and 15000 for DslMax and 21Cn respectively.
Im getting poor speeds compared to before. Problem after problem Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The profile had jumped back up to 6500 on BTs side as of the 2nd Jan so I've moved yours on this side to match. Your upstream should also now be at 928kb/s. I'm not sure what caused the slower speed, though BT moved the profile down to 4500 on the 10th December - there were a few intermittent connections showing around then also, unless you were rebooting the router regularly.
Either way there should be a speed increase now, if you don't see it straight away a reconnect should sort it.