cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Broadband

Blueroan

Unstable Broadband

Since joining Plusnet I have had a very unstable connection. I have cotacted customer services on many occasions and no-one has yet found a solution to the problem. BT have visted twice, changed external cables once and still no better. Plusnet have changed modem ---still not resolved. This is wholly unacceptable. i have had to re-do banking transactions, lost catch up TV and had my searches ruined by this pathetic line problem. no one has offered me a refund. I am at the point of cancelling my account.

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Unstable Broadband

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to ADSL Broadband and escalated.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Blueroan,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and can completely understand your frustration. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. We do our utmost best to resolve any query as quickly as possible and I am sorry this wasn't the case with you.

I can see that the fault has now been assigned to a senior multiskilled engineer to look into it this week. Once the issue is fixed, I can assure you we will look into a refund for the downtime along with a goodwill gesture.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Blueroan

I believe that you have now had time to consider the appalling broadband service I suffered. It appears that the line is now stable since a senior BT engineer moved my line. HOWEVER I am now getting slower speeds than I was. 

The senior engineer stated that previous engineers had done nothing to improve the service and that my connection was number 98 out of a possible 100 in the particular cable.

I would like my speed back(26mps) + an apology for BT wasting my valuable time (half day on 2 separate occasions) and the fact that engineers lied to me!!!!!!!!

This is not good enough.

Perhaps you should call me on my landline ti discus further.

Nick Marsden

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Blueroan

I'm happy that your connection is stable but not that your speeds have dropped as a result

Our line tests are showing that your router is currently connected at a rate of 24.5mpbs which is within the estimated speeds for your line.

I'd recommend connecting to the test socket as explained here so we can retest as our tests aren't showing any causes which means we'd need to book another engineer visit to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Blueroan

With respect. My replacement router is plugged in to the master socket as was the original router.

Current BT readings are > Download Speed (Mbps): 20.68
Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.00 ??????????Huh
Ping Latency (ms): 17

This is as high as it gets!

Also you have not addressed my other comments regarding your companies promise of compensation for downtime and loss of goodwill. you have also failed to address the comments I have made about BT.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi Blueroan,

I'm sorry that my colleague didn't address your other comments. I've arranged a pro-rata refund of your broadband subscription charges for the period of time that the fault was ongoing. As the amount is account specific information I've added this to a ticket on your account that you can view here. I have also provided a goodwill offer - please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with your experience with Openreach. I can pass on your feedback but I wouldn't be able to request that they send you an apology, I'm afraid. As it's a physical network, there are numerous things that can lead to faults and it may take several engineer visits before the cause of the problem is identified and resolved, though I appreciate that taking time out of your day to wait for the engineer can be inconvenient.

In terms of your speed, this may increase over time but it sounds like it may be the case that the drop in speed was necessary to improve the stability of your connection and stop the intermittent drops. Your current speed is within the line's estimates of 17-27.1mbps so we are unable to investigate this as a speed issue, I'm afraid.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team