cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time frame for upgrade?

Wc21

Time frame for upgrade?

Plusnet have said that our internet will be upgrade to unlimited fibre tomorrow, October 23rd, what time of day does this upgrade usually happen? Also they’ve said they’ve sent a new router, does this usually come on the same day? Will it be needed for the internet to upgrade?
6 REPLIES 6
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Time frame for upgrade?

Assuming you are upgrading from ADSL to fibre you'll need a router that works with fibre, some routers work with both so it will all depend on what your current router is capable of.  Routers are usually sent by first class post timed to reach you by your connection date.

The usual advise from PN is that any new service can 'go live' at any time up to midnight on the day they've specified.

A PN staff member will be able to look up the specifics of your account.

Wc21

We currently have a Plusnet Hub zero, does this work with fibre?
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

No. This is an adsl modem/router
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Wc21 Mind sending me a PM with your account username please? I'll be able to check the broadband and router orders to see where we're up to. it would be best if you can drop a quick reply to this post once you've sent it please. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wc21

Hi Adam,
I live in a shared house so the account is with the landlady, is there any other way to check?
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Wc21 ,

We can certainly find the account via the telephone number the broadband is provided down, although unless we have authorisation on the account to deal with yourself we aren't able to divulge any account specific information.

We can definitely get a ticket over to the account holder with further information, once we've located the account., if that would be of use?