Did you mean: 

Terrible pageload speed but OK speedtests 05/02/10

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Terrible pageload speed but OK speedtests 05/02/10

Quote from: jelv
Has it been bad just since pcl-ag04 dropped? I'd expect that will have thoroughly messed things up!

Yes it has!  Sad
We've dropped almost two pipes worth of customers because of this. In a stroke of extremely bad luck this happened shortly beforehand.
What does that mean?
It means that anybody trying to establish a new connection (including those that got kicked at about 12:15pm) are not getting assigned a traffic management profile. This is resulting in time outs and very slow speeds. I'm going to update Service Status shortly.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chrisyoung
Grafter

I have been seeing the same problem but switched to pcl-ag04 gateway and all is fine now.
i would just leave it a while and things should be back to normal.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: chrisyoung
I have been seeing the same problem but switched to pcl-ag04 gateway and all is fine now..

I'm on pcl-ag04 and all is *not* fine from where I'm sat.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

coastergrotto
Grafter

I dropped my connection at 12.30 having been on the 'Unknown' gateway.      I couldn't reconnect at all and was told of the problem when I rang customer services.  Tried rebooting several times with no luck then eventually connected at 2pm to the 'Unknown' gateway and now speeds are back to normal.
ComplexP
Grafter

I'll throw my hat in here. My wife just called from home and said that since about midday she's having real problems getting any websites to load despite speedtests coming back fine. Sounds like the same issue.
I called her back at about 15:00 and she was still experiencing the same problem.
Let's hope this one is fixed soon...
Edit: It seems that the connection did not drop at any point but performance suddenly drops while browsing. Will I need to reboot the router to get things back to normal?
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Bob
It means that anybody trying to establish a new connection (including those that got kicked at about 12:15pm) are not getting assigned a traffic management profile. This is resulting in time outs and very slow speeds. I'm going to update Service Status shortly.

The service status says "This may result in lower than normal speeds on non-interactive traffic such as P2P and binary usenet" - it doesn't mention the slow loading of web pages - is this the same problem or something different.
ComplexP
Grafter

Well said Paul. I'd ike an answer to this too please.
My connection is not prone to this sort of behaviour and nothing has changed on my router stats. I've not had any connection drops. My speed tests are coming back fine (although the upload part seemed to stall... perhaps significant?)
It's simply that websites will not respond.
Weird.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's the same issue and we're updating service status shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Browsing Issues again! Pages taking minutes to load.

Browsing is worse today than I have EVER known it to be. Pages are taking over 2 minutes to load and frequently time out.
Come on PlusNet.... put a Shilling in the meter.
Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: Browsing Issues again! Pages taking minutes to load.

It seems to have been like this since the earlier problems this morning when I lost connection for some time (the unknown gateway issue).
I am actually finding the portal pages load much slower than other pages. Also, even when the pages appear to have loaded the black rings on the Tab (Firefox 3.5.7) still keep going round.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Folks!
It all seems completely bananas here... Terrible load times, it took me 10 minutes to switch from  1 to 2 to type this. Mybroadbandspeedtest only brought up the Begin panel and then sulked totally. I also found that trying to look at Ubuntu Forums, the site did not recognise me as a Registered User and would not let me enter my normal login details. Webmail toooo sluggish as well. I was wondering if I had caught a nasty but am on Ubuntu & Firefox and therefore less likely.
Hope some resolution around very soon...got a lot to do!!  I hear you say so have we !!! Best of luck.

colintivy.
untiedshoes
Dabbler

Come on Plusnet, this is getting ridiculous now!
Lost nearly a days work as I rely on on the internet for work, and I now have very annoyed clients!!!!
G0FHM
Grafter

Yup.... I've lost an afternoon, too! Came home at lunchtime, to work from home (away from the phone & other distractions as I have to get something done), and so far I have been unable to do anything!
That's my evening/weekend screwed (depending on how long it takes to get fixed).
This is really not acceptable.... I've had more downtime and faults in the 6 months or so that I've been with Plus, than in 4 years with Orange & Sky... and I had NONE with them.
Depending on how long this issue takes to get sorted, depends on how quick I phone for my MAC.... I'm not a happy bunny!
Cry
Mav
Fixes: 516

Things seem to be getting back to normal here.
Finally got to the Service Status page and haven't rebooted router as per suggestion.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

tinacornes
Dabbler

Quote from: edgeways
Same here, un-usable page load speeds etc. e-mail working ok and BT speedtest showing normal. .Line stats all normal.
Can't even raise a ticket because of time outs !!! Everything was working fine this morning
Anyone from Plusnet know what is going on?
Mike (edgewaya)

I'm another one with the same problem. £21.99 monthly I'm paying. Come on Plusnet!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!