cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG585v7 forgets my lan connections when "New Stations Are Not Allowed" is set.

puddy
Grafter

Re: TG585v7 forgets my lan connections when "New Stations Are Not Allowed" is set.

Some say the button on the front of the speedtouch plusnet branded works and some say it does not, but my router is unbranded model
For info are you using the ssid name and password printed on the bottom of the speedtouch router?  Unlike the netgear the ssid and password on the base are for that router only.  I don’t think anyone going to crack the speedtouch passwords. Some anti-virus programs pop up warning about ip address just to check its one in your network.  I use panda global protection 2010 it learns your wireless connection and pops up a warning box to allow or deny a certain wireless devices
I have been using speedtouch router for years now and find them easy to use at present I am using a speedtouch 716wl model.  I set channel selection to manual and set channel to 13
When searching for a wireless device I have found its better to set it to "allow device by registration only" insert ssid and password in to the wireless device then click scan for networks on the router if you click no new stations allowed it locks out all your wireless devices and you need a cable connection to get back in again
Some say wpa been cracked  so I am using wpa2 AES on my speedtouch
Make sure that windows firewall is off plus take all the ticks out in the general box exceptions box and advanced box
I have found port forwarding a little tricky 
But a wireless voip router for 99p+p&p is great value
Puddy