Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck profile again?

steve_arnold
Grafter

Stuck profile again?

Hi,

Seems my profile got stuck again at least 5 days ago, I didn't notice but my nephew immediately has! Could someone give it a prod please.

Thank you

Steve

Router stats:

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding (Trellis) On On
SNR Margin (dB) 32.0 13.2
Attenuation (dB) 42.0 26.5
Output Power (dBm) 0.0 10.1
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 7540 572

Rate (Kbps) 1312 575
1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Stuck profile again?

Hi @steve_arnold

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped and that the SNR margin has increased, which is affecting the performance of your broadband. I've arranged for the line to be reset to try and fix this. The reset normally takes 4 hours to complete. After 4 hours your router will need to be powered off for 10 seconds and then turned back on. When it reconnects we'd expect the speed to be normal again, but it can take 24 hours before everything fully updates.

As part of resetting your line, this also starts a fresh training period on the line. This lasts for 10 days and you may see your speeds vary a little as the line tries to work out the best balance between speed and reliability for you. You may even see that your broadband connection drops a little over this period, but this is perfectly normal.

Whilst in this training period, please make sure that your router stays plugged in and powered up continuously. If you don't then you will receive a slower speed than your line may have been able to support. Please let us know if you continue to experience connection problems after the reset.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team