cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed when beyond usage limit

sandwithbells
Grafter

Speed when beyond usage limit

Hello all, I'm sure I read that once past the usage limit I should get 256kbps for basic use until my billing date reset. Having made the mistake of letting a new Windows computer into the house which appears to be randomly using GB of download I'm currently in that position. The only problem is that I'm on 140kbps which is making even basic use difficult.

Am I right about the 256? If so is there any obvious reason why I wouldn't be seeing it?

I realise the answer is to pay for another 5GB but it isn't worth it for two days!

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Speed when beyond usage limit

Hey, yeah it sounds like your on one of our older legacy products with a limited GB usage per month and then with a vastly reduce speed until either the next billing date or when further GB are purchased for the month. Although it may be a one off the only way we have around the usage cap would be to either upgrade the account to an unlimited usage product or pay for the additional GB's extra date. The 140kbps your seeing is this across a wireless connection or?

Kind Regards,

Ben

sandwithbells
Grafter

Hi Ben, thanks for the suggestion, it hadn't occurred to me that WiFi might have something to do with it since normally it is fine. Back at full speed now so will have to try a cable when we next mess up!

Cheers

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi, good to hear it's back to normal. Yeah there's always a chunk of speed lost on wifi so this should help if it happens moving forward.

Happy surfing,
Ben