Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed terrible today..

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed terrible today..

Hi KaotiK,
Yes, your profile is 750k at the moment because of the disconnections so you won't be able to go any faster than this. We have to wait for the connection to remain stable for the profile to lift.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

so how come it went down that low in the first place? as it was before the disconnections that this happenend?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KaotiK,
As far as I'm aware it was because of the disconnections I referred to in this post
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

yea but the point im making is that those disconnections happened AFTER my speed had dropped?? the powering down at night ive been doing for the whole time ive been with plusnet and NEVER had a ny speed problems? so surely its something else? or does this "jsut happen" sometimes?  cuz its a big inconveniance at the moment for 20£ a month 😐
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kaotik,
Hmm, it's hard to tell now as I wasn't able to test it before you posted, but if the line remains stable and it doesn't lift I can escalate it. In the meantime I would raise a fault. I noticed you started to raise one last night but then closed it.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

Also i should be moving house sometme next week, so i think ive read it right abotut he simultaneous rder thingy so i have my broadband switched the same day i want it to or something? my speed will be reset then im guessing in y new house. Its only 2 doors down also so not far
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KaotiK,
You must give us at least a weeks notice if you wish to place a simultaneous provide order.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

still no improvements today either ;/ infact its even slower... Arghhh
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KaotiK,
It's still only been connected just over 24 hours. I would still open a fault at this point.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

im moving monday, do u think theres point starting a fault as its a new line etc then so shouldnt be any problems i dont think?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KaotiK,
It's up to you, we're willing to help no matter what.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

stilll rubbish today Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KaotiK,
Don't know what to tell you. Like I said before you can raise a fault, but bearing in mind your circumstances I understand you not doing so. I'm sorry it's rubbish and I wish I could help but I'm not a faults agent. I can offer advice and sometimes that can help but if there's something that needs the faults process then that's the only advice I can give.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

yea, since im moving i dont think i want the hassle of the faults process, prolly not worth wasting there time either. But usually all u get told is to change your router etc, thren it just wastes more days untill u can actually get to the problem which gets annoying :[
Is my profile and sync rate strill low btw or? and also is there a way you could tell if i was capped or something?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI KaotiK,
Good news!
Just ran a line test. Profile now 7150 on BT & PN If you reboot you will now probably see this.
Jojo Smiley