cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed has dropped off again

TheProfessor
Grafter

Re: Speed has dropped off again

I forgot to add that the quiet line test was very quiet.
P
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Hi TheProfessor,
Those are what I was looking for, the PlusNet portal speed would have been useful too, but for the moment the router stats show enough to be focussing on.
I do so dislike the NetGear stats page(s) as they make it so hard for most people to extract and report information.  Unlike other routers, it is not overly easy to get line error figures... Let's look at what is here.
The stats do not indicate the modulation type, so I can only guess at what synch speed you should see - somewhere between 5.5 and 6.4Mbps for the reported attenuation.
The DS SNRM is somewhat higher than it should be, which means that the DLM is "managing" the line for stability at the expense of speed.
In the splinter thread, Adam asked for dates for an engineer visit - has one of the dates you provided him been confirmed yet?  Until the line faukt is rectified, the broadband service is going to remain unstable.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi all,
What I can see here is your connection syncing with your Local Exchange at an expectationally low rate, given the lines length. I've attached your line stats.
Your SNR at 9db isn't a major concern but the sync rate most definitely is. If your line is quiet then that's a good start, that said, can we test the line just with the broadband connected without the phone? I've detected a potential issue on the copper side of things but just want to rule a couple of things out.
TheProfessor
Grafter

Hi, Chris.  Just seen your message.  The phones are now disconnected.  All that is currently connected is the router. 
Please let me know here when I may reconnect.
Thank you.
P
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning TheProfessor,
Thanks for getting in touch with me via private message, I'll pick this up with you now and we'll see what testing results we can get.