cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed fallen below 1mbps!

neil3045
Grafter

Re: Speed fallen below 1mbps!

Hello Matt router is plugged into test socket and nothing has changed. Speed has gotten worse than ever so if you can flag the fault that would be great!
Regards, Neil.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neil3045
Do you switch your router off regularly? Have a look at the visual and see if you recognise any of the disconnections to be ones you instigated. Also. I've just ran a line test and your Ip profile is now up to 3000k

Jojo Smiley
neil3045
Grafter

My latest speed test had me back down below 1mbps Sad You can see where I have been switching my router off. Usually it is on between 7am and 11am but where the long breaks are is where I have switched it back off before going to work. There is a load of disconnections there through the week where I have been at work. I live on an old RAF housing estate and the wiring around here probably is worse for wear. When I first joined plusnet while living at my nans house we had to have BT out to replace a cable from the house to the telephone poll. I suspect we have the same issue here...?
declan

Award winng service????  I'll be pleading with Sky to have me back!  Logged a job on Tuesday to complain about my speed and not heard a thing - Plusnet have obviously taken umbridge as they've downgraded my speed to 320KBS.  Having one of those moments thinking -" why oh why did i switch", Sky's 13ppm call charges look attractive right now.  When I signed up 3 weeks ago I was bombarded with messges that meant nothing, now i'm signed up its a 30min + wait to speak to someone.
Award winning customer service - "my ar$e"
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neil3045,
According to the latest update our supplies think your fault is resolved. Are you still in the test socket, as your sync rate is still only around the 1200 mark.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi declan,
I've just ran a line test and the sync rate is only 320k. Are you plugged in to the test socket at the moment?
Jojo Smiley
declan

I'm plugged into the same socket I've always been  - the rate is still 320 - it was around 1200 on tuesday which is still below eclipse (using a BT tail) & sky who have both provided broadband to my house over the last 4 years.  I normally switch my router off but will leave it on for a few days to allow your engineers to play.
Thanks for a response.
Declan
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi declan,
I appreciate you've not changed the set up but if you could plug into the test socket for me then I can run another line test and we could get a head start on pinpointing the problem.
Jojo Smiley
declan

Joanne, the router is plugged directly into the socket that enters the house.  My speed is back up to 1280 which is broadly where i started with plusnet  - so thanks for any intervention that you may have done.  Any adjustments you can make to boost the speed further would be appreciated.  Thanks Declan
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi declan,
I can certainly look into it more for you. Even though your sync is now higher you will still have to wait for your IP Profile to pick up.
Jojo Smiley
neil3045
Grafter

Hi Jo I have been plugged into the test socket since friday evening and my connection is quite frankly pants. I was never expecting great broadband because of where I have moved. But the broadband has gone terrible and my pings are so high. The noise on my phone line was unbearable when my speed test was over 2mbps. Now my phone line is silent Im not even getting 1mbps!  Cry
neil3045
Grafter

Quote from: declan
Award winng service????  I'll be pleading with Sky to have me back!  Logged a job on Tuesday to complain about my speed and not heard a thing - Plusnet have obviously taken umbridge as they've downgraded my speed to 320KBS.  Having one of those moments thinking -" why oh why did i switch", Sky's 13ppm call charges look attractive right now.  When I signed up 3 weeks ago I was bombarded with messges that meant nothing, now i'm signed up its a 30min + wait to speak to someone.
Award winning customer service - "my ar$e"

Hahaha thanks for that I had a right old chuckle over this comment! But yea I couldnt agree with you more at this very moment in time  Grin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neil3045,
the line's looking stable now, I could always try an SNR reset to bring it back down to 6dB, which would probably lift the sync rate. Let me know if you want me to do it. It could well work but I can't guarantee the SNR  won't go up again.
Jojo Smiley
neil3045
Grafter

Sure thing Joe try anything! My latest speed test is below, my internet is coming to a halt!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neil3045,
These disconnections today have caused the profile to drop to 135k. If you're not sure why the line is dropping then you need to raise a fault.

Jojo Smiley