cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop, and lots of disconnects

richardjh
Grafter

Speed drop, and lots of disconnects

I have been getting lots of disconnects recently, and my connection speed has almost halved, as there any ongoing issues with the service?  Its been like this for almost 2 weeks now.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Speed drop, and lots of disconnects

@richardjh Most probably an issue with your individual connection.

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

John
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Hi @richardjh 

I've ran a quick line test and have found a fault on there that will need an engineer to come out and investigate further.

Openreach operate 2 timeslots for visits. These are AM ( 0800-1300) and PM (1300-1800), Monday to Friday

Please provide 3 timeslots you could attend and we will book the appointment for you and contact you to confirm when the engineer will be visiting.

Please note if an engineer visits your premises and is unable to gain access or if the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, your set up or your phone socket, the engineers may refer you back to us to discuss the next steps.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
richardjh
Grafter

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.  I am free any afternoon, the sooner the better would be preferable.

Many thanks

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting me know, I've got an appointment booked in for the 08/02/23 between 1PM & 6PM. The Engineer will attempt to resolve the fault externally first before coming round, they will keep in touch on the day of the appointment. 

Once the Engineer has been, our Faults Team will follow up to make sure everything is ok or if anything else needs to be done. 

In the meantime, is there anything else you need from me today? 

- Curtis, Plusnet Sheffield

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
richardjh
Grafter

That's great, thank you for your help.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem at all Smiley

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
richardjh
Grafter

Hi could you possibly check my line again and see if there is another fault, I am once again having the same problems as before. Thank you.
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @richardjh 

I'm really sorry to hear you're seeing drops again, I've ran a line test and found the same issue on there again so I will need to get an engineer out to you.

Openreach operate 2 timeslots for visits. These are AM ( 0800-1300) and PM (1300-1800), Monday to Friday

Please provide 3 timeslots you could attend and we will book the appointment for you and contact you to confirm when the engineer will be visiting.

Please note if an engineer visits your premises and is unable to gain access or if the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, your set up or your phone socket, the engineers may refer you back to us to discuss the next steps.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
richardjh
Grafter

Hi Thank you for getting back to me, I'm free any PM slot, apart from next Tuesday (a dreaded day of actually having to go into the office).

Thanks so much for your help

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I know that feeling all too well, I've got an appointment booked in for the 08/03/23 between 1PM & 6PM. The Engineer will attempt to resolve the fault externally first before coming round, they will keep in touch on the day of the appointment. 

Once the Engineer has been, our Faults Team will follow up to make sure everything is ok or if anything else needs to be done. 

- Curtis, Plusnet Sheffield

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
richardjh
Grafter

Thank you again. your help is much appreciated.

richardjh
Grafter

Good evening,

Unfortunately the engineer did not turn up today for this appointment.  Can you please re-arrange?

Many thanks.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Afternoon!

I'm really sorry the engineer hasn't come round or let you know what's going off. They found the fault external from the property and was able to issue a fix without coming to the property. How is everything now? Checking your connection it does look to have stayed stable for 24 hours. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
richardjh
Grafter

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Its been all good today thank you.

Thanks again for your help.