cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed and Disconnect Problems

swedelong
Grafter

Re: Speed and Disconnect Problems

Ok thanks. That's good to know. I'll see how I get on over the next few days with this one.

Today's update... the (borrowed) router has been connected since about 6pm last night and we haven't seen one disconnect yet.
The speed however is still very, very slow.
I tried to download via Steam last night and it was averageing 25-30K but peaked (for a split second at 100K). I can usually download over Steam at 400-700K.
Speedtest.net this morning was showing 0.07 download and 0.36 upload! So still painfully slow to do anything.
pings were good 100ms or so and uploads are good @36K but I'm missing my youtube Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI swedelong.
I see it's been raised to our suppliers now, so hopefully we can get a positive outcome.
Jojo Smiley
swedelong
Grafter

The problem seems to be gone.... fingers crossed.
I left Civ 5 Smiley  downloading this morning @8am (at around 10KBS)... it had downnloaded now and peaked @720KBS...
My wife tested at 3pm and all was still slow, so it resolved itself somewhere between 3pm and 6pm.  Is it coincidence that 'plan B' was halted just after 5pm?
Thanks for your help JoJo
/edit I'm going to keep the ticket open for 24 hours, just in case.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi swedelong,
I really do hope it is resolved for you, but don't close the ticket. Once the faults team believe it to be resolved then the ticket is sent back to you and remains open for 14 days in case of a recurrence. This way we can give it enough time to prove it's fixed, otherwise you have to go through all the fault raising process again, rather than just sending the ticket back saying it is happening again. We also get to see the full history of the fault in one go.
Jojo Smiley