Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid orange light

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Solid orange light

OK - I said it was probably a wild goose chase 😉

One last thing before I give up for the night - what is your dialling code - I may be able to check for any major outages in your area. If that doesn't show anything, all I can suggest is you wait for the PN Help Team to pick this up, hopefully tomorrow.

John
Manny90
Grafter

Thanks for your help. As in area code for telephone calls? 02920 fingers crossed they work tomorrow.
jab1
Legend

Thats the one, and unfortunately, no major problem reported, so it is most probably just you. 😥

John
Manny90
Grafter

Thanks for checking anyway, appreciated. Absolute nightmare this is turning in to 😩
jab1
Legend

Wish I could do more to help, but I'm only a Community member - I don't have access to the facilities the Help Team do.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@Manny90 wrote:
Thanks for checking anyway, appreciated. Absolute nightmare this is turning in to 😩

Have you tried raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net from your mobile device? That can pick up some immediate issues

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Manny90
Grafter

Thanks, yeah I raised a fault and just had the generic message to say someone will be in touch unfortunately.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Without an essential telephone handset to determine the state of the phone line, this is a total goose chase.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

£7 will save much consternation - Buy Simple Value Corded Desk Telephone - Single | Telephones | Argos

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Manny90
Grafter

Thanks but I don’t have a phone provider. I joined plusnet and was given a phone number but only pay for line rental and fibre. Unless based on that we assume it’s BT as the phone provider.

Is it really worth me buying a phone today? I’ve already called plusnet and they have said it’s a BT fault and they’ve raised it with them. Is buying a phone vital at this point? Thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You do have a phone provider - you cannot access broadband without a phone line - regardless of if you use it, it is there.

FTTC is delivered to the property over voice grade copper from the local cabinet.  Any problems on that phone circuit will degrade broadband service.  The loss of dial tone or excessive noise on the line will have a marked impact on connection stability and performance.  An audible check is the most pragmatic way forwards, as this will determine the right engineering support - POTS or broadband - and how to access those services.  POTS is largely automated (see phone faults below - you can try that regardless) - broadband requires Plusnet's faults team to lead the investigation.

If Plusnet are already on the case, then on this occasion buying a hand set is a mute point - but one could have short circuited resolution of this issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Manny90
Grafter

@Townman thanks I purchased a phone this morning and done a quiet line test and the signal is perfect. Not sure where this leaves me. As when I phoned plusnet this morning they said it was a BT issue and he couldn’t find out the issue his side.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That sounds odd - if this has been declared a known BT issue, then there ought to have been provided by Plusnet...

1. A fault description
  2. A forecast resolution date

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@Manny90 if you sign in to the member centre and then navigate to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search is there any info in a ticket?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Manny90
Grafter

Thanks wasn’t aware I could check. Unfortunately it just says “ Fault logged with BTW
Fault ref -” and then my reference. I guess BTW is a typo for BT?

I was told on the phone if it’s a small fault it could be 24-48 hours or if it needs more digging it’ll be longer. Which doesn’t fill me with confidence. Really stressed at the moment as I work from home so going to be knackered tomorrow
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I'm not filled with confidence here either.

BTw is BT Wholesale which infers a broadband service issue.

If the broadband issue were being caused by a circuit fault - which might involve digging - then I would expect that to be with BT Openreach (not Wholesale).