cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds for 2 days

BenG
Grafter

Slow Speeds for 2 days

Hi I been noticeing slows speeds on my boardband this week and wonder what may be cause it. I checked all my hardware and phone socks and they all seem find,
I done a speed test and my speed is at: Download Speed: 1604 kbps (200.5 KB/sec )  Upload Speed: 383 kbps (47.9 KB/sec )
But when I tested it before my speed seemed to higher I mean I used to download around 400KB a second, I only noticed the drop with in the last 2 days, tho my upload speed seems to be normal, any ideas
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
jayed
Grafter

Re: Slow Speeds for 2 days

If you had a reconnect with a slow sync speed then BT may have adjusted your IP profile down. You can check this by using the BT speedtester. Look here for a link to it and info on how to use it.
Also, you can check your IP profile that PN are using here
They will show the rough speed you should be getting. If it is low then it will be due to a poor sync. A low BT IP profile caused by a poor sync will improve in 3-5 days in my experience and then 12 hours for Plusnet's IP profile to match it.
If this is the first occurence of this problem then it may be a one off but a recurrence could be a problem with your line. You could raise a ticket but I think that unless the download speed is less than 400kbps then it isn't really recognised as a problem (mine dropped to 135kbps). However, I still think that PN will help you if it is lower than you should be expecting.
BenG
Grafter

Re: Slow Speeds for 2 days

Thanks jayed I have a look in to that tho I did a speed test this mornning and the speed seemed o inprove a bit
Download Speed: 2745 kbps (343.1 KB/sec )  Upload Speed: 383 kbps (47.9 KB/sec )
so maybe it inprove as you said.