Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I ask for a new router?

FIXED
IanHowland

Should I ask for a new router?

Hi,

My Plusnet contract has ended and I am thinking of renewing as it has been pretty good so far. I have a BT Whole Home mesh system so don't use the Plusnet router for the WiFi. My question is should I ask for a new Router Two or will this not really make any difference? We don't have Fibre yet in our area.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Should I ask for a new router?

Fix

@IanHowland  Welcome to the forum.

I don’t think that a Hub Two is being given to ADSL subscribers, but either way the major advantage of having one is the improved wireless performance. As you are using a mesh set up I assume that your hub wireless is switched off.

So there’s really no point in having a new hub unless you want a spare in case the current set up fails. It’s never a bad thing though to have a back up even if it’s only a Hub One.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

IanHowland

Thanks for the reply, I think that's what I thought just wanted a second opinion. I turn the WiFi off on the plusnet and use the BT for WiFi, so I think I will just stick.

I am about to renew and it's the best time to ask for things as once you sign you have less chance 😉

Thanks.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@IanHowland Are you definitely on an ADSL service, what speeds do you get? You say that Fibre is not available, without specifying which type it is can lead to confusion, do you mean FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) or FTTP (Fibre to the Premises). If you actually are on FTTC a Hub2 router would be worth having. I don't know what you have at the moment but both the Plusnet Hub 0 and Hub 1 are not great.