cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up new router

jomerefolly

Setting up new router

Hello everyone,

Setting a new router up, when setting the server settings in the router pages I type username@plusdsl.net, for the password would I put the password I use to sign into plusnet on line, I have the password I used originally written down but when I type it in I get wrong password, can anyone help me with this please.

Best regards

Jo Handy (Mrs) 

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Setting up new router

@jomerefolly 

for the password would I put the password I use to sign into plusnet on line

yes , its the password you would use to login here https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

I have the password I used originally written down but when I type it in I get wrong password, can anyone help me with this please.

The link above has a 'forgotten pasword' option, which will send a change password link to the registered email address for your account.

Are you using your own router ? because all Plusnet supplied ones should auto configure

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@jomerefolly Welcome to the forums. I assume you type your username, rather than the word 'username'?

John
jomerefolly

Yes I was using my own router, I had to reset it for a reason which is to long winded to explain why :-), I'm using a BT home hub at the minute but my own router is a TP Link VR600, never had any problems with it until I decided to reset it (bad move), the BT home hub is working but I had set that up a few years ago, I will try plugging the TP Link router back in and click on the link you have kindly sent me thank you.

Best regards 

Jo Handy

jomerefolly

Yes I was using my own user name when typing it and not just username

Best regards

Jo Handy

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@jomerefolly