Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagem Router 2794N software version 7.275.6_F2704_Plusnet

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Sagem Router 2794N software version 7.275.6_F2704_Plusnet

Hi @Lynnh,

I'm sorry to hear that the connection has dropped.

After testing the line, the service is stable while operating within the estimated speed. However, the drop between 2am - 9:30am is concerning. I have made some adjustments to the settings of your line, could you connect the router to your test socket by following the guide here and if the issue persists raise a fault.

I'm afraid without testing with another router it's difficult to say if it is what is causing the issue. If you have another router that's open to use with any provider, let us know the make and model and we will provide you information on connecting it. Alternatively, if we get to a point where an engineer visit is required we can look at sending you one to test.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Lynnh
Dabbler

Hi further to my earlier communication and your response, i have been away from the property and just tried to communicate with the Hive and its reporting failure due to internet not being available.
I shall be away for the next hour or so.. thoughtyou might want to check out the connection from your end. Lynn
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Lynnh 

There is some possibility that looking at the Hive connectivity (even though that is what is important to you) might be a distraction from where the problem is.

When the Hive cannot connect to the internet, can other things connect to the internet?

If you are able to leave a PC running, there might be merit in using something like RouterStats (see link below) to run a persistent 'Ping-Plot' to google.co.uk - this will record when there are outbound connectivity issues.  If this is a route you want to follow, please just ask.

If this were a WiFi connectivity issue, I would simply recommend regular restarting of the 2704n router - in my experience they are prone to "lose" the WiFi network after an extended period of operation.  I have seen these devices happily running with LAN connected devices, but refusing to connect new WiFi devices whilst those already WiFi connected could not access LAN connected resources … but could still access the internet.  A reboot "fixed" all such issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Lynhh

From what we can see the connection is showing as online

Let us know once you've had the chance to go through the steps that @Townman has advised

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lynnh
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the feedback, some additional feedback regarding the Hive issue. When i returned home last night the internet was still connected and accessible, however i could not gain access to the Hive hub due to "no internet". After i powered down /up the Hub then all came back to normal and remains and both are still on line!!.
I am digesting @Townman notes and as my BT line in terminates into a very old connection box ie wires in wires out and as i do not have a modern master socket, i have decided to review this and upgrade to the new socket type that includes a test socket.
Router- on one of the earlier responses i questioned the router drop outs and suggested a router change, i do have a Sky Router here and was wondering if that can be accessed, any thoughts on this router.
I will let you know when the Master Socket change has been completed.
Thanks for you help Lynn
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us Lynn.

As far as I'm aware Sky routers are locked down to their own network I'm afraid.

Let us know how it goes once you've got a new master socket fitted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

After i powered down /up the Hub then all came back to normal and remains and both are still on line!!.

Just to avoid ambiguity, is the Hub connected to the router over WiFi or Ethernet cable?  If by cable, is the WiFi functionality in the Hub turned off to ensure that the Ethernet connect is being used?  Putting a cable into a device which has been configured to work over WiFi does not ensure that the cable connection is used in preference to WiFi.

Master socket - whilst this is something someone competent might be capable of installing, doing so is considered as interfering with the BT Openreach network.  Such a socket change is really the responsibility of your phone service provider.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lynnh
Dabbler

Hi @Townman the Hub is connected via an Ethernet cable and not Wifi.
I am told that in turn this communicates to the Thermostat using Zigbee technology etc.
Point noted on the changes to Master Box
ThomasDavid

Hi,

We are unfortunately having wire dropout problems with Sagem Router 2794N on Firmware version:7.275.11_F2704N_Plusnet.

Could you push the firmware update to our router also please?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @ThomasDavid,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I'm having trouble locating your account - please could you send us a PM with your username attached so we can take a further look into this?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ThomasDavid

Hi,  thanks for adjusting the router settings a few weeks ago.  I think things improved for a while but now back to frequent wifi dropouts, which I think might be device specific (iPhone).

Firmware version: 7.275.11_F2704N_Plusnet

Any advice as to how to proceed, or router adjustments appreciated.  Thanks!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @ThomasDavid,

I'm glad to hear the changes made had helped with your connection. Regarding the current issue, have you tried turning the device off for 30 seconds and then turning it back on again? Have you made sure to update the device to the latest version of iOS?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ThomasDavid

Hi,

Yes, tried both those, but the problem persists, and has been happening for months now.

Initially changed the DSL filter and also spoke to customer services, who diagnosed the problem as wifi dropouts, not broadband dropout.

The only thing that resolves the loss of connection is to use the phones airplane mode, to force a reconnect.

Appears to be less of frequent on the laptop and our other devices, but really frequent on the iphone 

Any thoughts?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @ThomasDavid,

I've checked the connection this side and it looks like the signal strength for your line is set too low which explains when your devices seem connected but nothing loads up or you just get buffing.I have placed an order to up your signal strength which should complete in the next hour. If you then turn the router off and then on again in a hour or later the connection should be back to normal for you.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
ThomasDavid

Many thanks.

Lets see how we go!