Did you mean: 

SNR reset

FIXED
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

SNR reset

Hi,

Could someone please reset the downstream noise margin back to 6db. Stupidity the DLM increased it to 9db for no obvious reason and then instead of reversing the change it removed the interleaving (which I asked to be switched on awhile back).

Also on a unrelated topic, is there a problem with the BT dslchecker? As when I input our number it comes back with no information, saying the number is either not BT line or is new, neither are true. It must have been working yesterday as checking for fibre options in the Plusnet portal was accessible.
That's RPM to you!!
5 REPLIES 5
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: SNR reset

Hi @RPMozley, we'll happily get that changed back for you... Are you wanting to interleaving back on also?

When checking your number on https://dslchecker.bt.com I didn't have any trouble receiving your line estimates for both ADSL and Fibre, what's the link you were checking on?

RPMozley
Pro

The dslchecker is back to what I would expect, must have been something temporary I saw earlier.

I think I’ll try it without interleaving at first, see what error numbers are like. Then if the numbers don’t look good I’ll come back and post here again.
That's RPM to you!!
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Ah, glad to hear it's showing back your side too now.

I'll get the SNR bumped back to 6dB now then and if you need any further changes we'll happily help. Smiley

RPMozley
Pro

Back again, I found out the reason for the SNR increase. It was due to a new router I had got recently (a TD-W9970) that was causing 4 or 5 times more error seconds (es) on the line. Only found out the increase later because the router doesn’t have directly accessible stats. Return process has been started for faulty router.

Anyway the main reason I am back here is that the “connection profile” / Plusnet line speed is stuck again! The current BT IP profile is 5 mbps where as the Plusnet is still at 4.4 mbps (pre SNR reset). Could some Plusnet staff member please give it a nudge.
That's RPM to you!!
Tags (1)
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @RPMozley, I'm glad to hear you got to the bottom of the increase in SNR. The profile our side probably took a dip if the speeds took a dip when errors were flaring up. I've got that corrected for you now though which should stop any throughout speed issues you may have been seeing. If there's anything else we can help you with moving forwards please don't hesitate to get back in touch.