cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR Reset

Romanation

SNR Reset

Following a lengthy problem, it was identified that our SNR margin required resetting. 

This fix worked perfectly, for >6 weeks however our sync rate has again dropped from 4mbps to 1.1mbps.

Please could I request the SNR margin is again reset.

Roll on FTTP in the summer Roll_eyes

3 REPLIES 3
Romanation

Re: SNR Reset

I can see staff have been active on the forum but no response.

Unfortunately this is typical of the overall service Plusnet have provided recently.

I'm not sure what has caused the drop in standards but it does make a mock of the catchphrase "Plusnet...we'll do you proud". 🤔😔
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Romanation 

Apologies that it has taken this long to reply. 

I have done this for you now- please reboot your router in 4 hours time so this request is completed. 

Just to make you aware that your Estimated Speed Range is between 1-4Mbps and you current sync speed is within this at 1.2Mbps. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

his fix worked perfectly, for >6 weeks however our sync rate has again dropped from 4mbps to 1.1mbps.

Be aware that this may be due to a high error rate, or frequent disconnections.  Either can cause BT's systems to push your target noise margin up (and speed down) in an effort to reduce errors or resets.  In other words there may be a fault that can be fixed.   It would be worth looking at your router statistics, or getting Plusnet to do so.