rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: realy bad tonite

this is what i see on service status Last post
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bad speed tonight

Really really slow here too, for a couple of hours now at least.

I can walk faster !

Normally around…..

Community site extremely slow too…. been trying to post here 60 minutes + now loading response
Resorted to my mobile dongle in frustration…
At least it's showing a 3G connection this morning

Roll on 8am. Now I'm told it's 10am !!!!
I feel for the poor maintenance guys !!
Just before 8am is NOT a good time for traffic management work !!
I've given up on BBC iPlayer, it's a good job I downloaded 6Gb SKY GO just after midnight, @ 16.6mb/s !!
Still it's cold outside, I'm warm and fed, and have TV to catch up with, so it's not all bad .....
Staying in today.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really really slow here too, for a couple of hours now at least.

I can walk faster !

Normally around…..

Community site extremely slow too…. been trying to post here 60 minutes + now loading response
Resorted to my mobile dongle in frustration…
At least it's showing a 3G connection this morning

I've given up on BBC iPlayer, it's a good job I downloaded 6Gb SKY GO just after midnight, @ 16.6mb/s !!
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Quote from: rongtw
Planned network maintenance - Wednesday 1st February Midday - POSTPONED
01/02/2012 @ 12:18
This is an update to this mornings announcement about a period of planned network maintenance that was scheduled to take place this afternoon.
This work has now been postponed and will not be taking place.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

I believe this relates to a different activity that was originally scheduled for yesterday midday lasting 30 minutes.
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
grazy1979
Grafter

Quote from: PlusComUK

Agree, according to service status page its been going on since 10pm, I'm surprised the estimated finish time was 8am seems a bit late to finish this kind of work. The internet wakes up long before 8am and people start working too Sad lets hope it's not 10am lol on the plus side I can have few more coffees, cant connect with work server lol.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to a PN tech guy a few minutes ago, it's Traffic Management work that has over-run, expected to be clear by 10am Thursday
grazy1979
Grafter

I spoke to a PN tech guy a few minutes ago, it's Traffic Management work that has over-run, expected to be clear by 10am Thursday

Cheers for the heads up Smiley
dave1240
Grafter

Slow Connection.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/-1.png
Will post back later after school run.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: grazy1979

Cheers for the heads up Smiley

Considering the number of calls he must be fielding, he was very pleasant and informative, and wasn't in a rush, he answered all my questions fully.
Well done tech guy, didn't get his name.
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: Bad speed tonight

Same here...  speeds suddenly dropped from 10mbps to 300kbps!!!  BT speedtester shows normal so must be PN's side???
Overdriven

I'm glad to see that there is a reason for the slow speeds which I have been experiencing.
Over the past few hours it has been near impossible to view a video via Youtube.
pittdj
Grafter

The internet has almost totally succumbed to rigor mortis here. It is impossible to do anything at all. One could have gone and read the newspaper until normal survive resumed, but the newspaper is now on the iPad, except it isn't.
Richchad
Rising Star

I can't even load speed tester now as so slow.... if it is really something to do with PN then why nothing showing on Service Information?
Checked exchange status and my connection, all okay....
Can someone from PN confirm if a problem please?
grazy1979
Grafter

Re: Slow Connection.

Most people are having the same issue, traffic management work is over running apparently.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning all, I just wanted to dive in to say that we're really sorry about the problems we're experiencing on the network at the moment; we are aware of them and are working as quickly as possible to resolve them.
There are currently 2 issues:
1. Traffic management maintenance over-ran. Service status is open here: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial
02/02/2012 @ 08:37
We are currently investigating a problem that has arisen during maintenance of our traffic management platform. Customers will likely experience slower speeds than normal due to being assigned a default profile.
Our network engineers are investigating this issue and we will provide a further update once we have more information.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the temporary low speeds.
Kind Regards,
Matthew Peckham
Customer Support

2. Our WBC (21CN) network is still slightly out of balance. The gateways that are busy this morning are:
pcl-ag03
pcl-ag01
pcl-ag05
pcl-ag08
ptn-ag2
ptn-ag03
ptn-ag04
I don't have any further information on either issue at the moment, I just wanted to jump on here and let you guys know that we're doing everything that we can to resolve both issues. Please keep your eye on the service status page for any updates that drop out there and if there are any major developments I'll post again.