Re: Persistent Dropped Connections.

lenny
Grafter

thanks
lenny
Grafter

My  7800n has been on for 5 days now and my speed has increased , and for a long line my sync speed has gone up to around 4000 kbsmy profile has made 1 jump to 2.5 mb and apart from the soft disconnects I have done  when iinstalled a mk3 face plate I think my connection has settled down
Thanks for all the help
I can recommend this router for long lines
lenny
Grafter

the noise on my line is very crackly today ,so much that i had to use the mobile , will report a fault
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Once the phone fault is fixed, you should find improvement with everything. Let us know if you need any changes to be made.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

hi
Engineer has just left , found high resistance in the connection , remade the connections in the box , reset my connection and asked me to ask you to have my BRAS reset to 3.5mb by BT wholesale,
will continue to monitor but fingers crossed its sorted ,
thanks for the help
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I can see what the engineer has done, and that all looks good.
Your sync rate has increased too, but I cannot see your bRAS profile. I've changed our side to what I'd expect it to be. Please disconnect, reconnect and let me know if it's not sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

thank you my currant line speed has altered  to 4mb
here is a screen grab from bt performance test
many thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thanks, we just need to wait for the IP profile to go up a little bit more.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

Once this has increased will you then ask for my Bras to be upped to 3.5mb
Thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Once the bRAS/IP profile change, you should notice the improvement as I've changed our side in preparation. You may need to diconnect and re-connect though so it's worth doing the speed test again later today/tomorrow.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

my ip profile has remained the same , the BT engineer said that the Bras profile needed to be raised to  by BT Wholesale ,could you please ask them to do this
thanks ,
just to add i have checked my router stats and i had 2 disconnects during the night 1 at 21.12pm  snr dropped to 0 and straight back up and another at  02.11am snr dropped to 0 and straight back up Sad and another at  08.00am snr dropped to 0  and straight back up but an increase in connection 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Lenny,
The continued disconnects sugget that there are still issues with your line.  Keep doing the quiet line tests, especially when you notice a disconnect and keep RouterStats running.  Multiple faults on a line requiring several BTOR attempts to fix are unfortunately not uncommon.  The BT profile will not change whilst the line remains unstable.
You have though made good progress.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lenny
Grafter

thanks for your comments the line has dropped again 2 times 22.10pm last night  and then 12.41 today both snr straight down to 0 and straight back up , nothing can be heard on quiet line test Sad
i have just done a broadband fault report on the user page of my plusnet, will see what happens next
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

If you raised the fault ticket shortly before 1241 the odds are it was the automated line testing that caused that particular drop.
lenny
Grafter

Hi
The report was made around 12.55