cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information?

SE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information?

Hi, I just found this in my info on my order stats.........
"Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Install diary status changed from Realm configured to Awaiting submission to the DSL supplier
Automatically set supplier product to WBC MAX8 mb/s (ADSL1 Annex A) Standard Stability, Auto Interleaving, 448kbit/s Upstream "
on my old ADSL1 line before a fault messed it up, I was getting sync 8128 448 and throughput of 7.4 LA 30dB NM 10
after the fault, all was the same, but the throughput was 3 (same time PN exchange status showed my exchange had adsl1 problems)
on the btw www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html ; my line showed ADSL2+ DS at something like 15-17 and US at max ADSL2+ speeds, until a few days ago, when because of a adsl1 exchange fault
it showed 1 meg
this is because btw line stats over time are given to the data base.
i'm I right in thinking that pn have give me adsl1 on a good adsl2+ line
the line problem being at the exchange on the adsl1 20cn hardware
I was told by two engineers that a jump to pn with a move from the old and bad adsl1 hardware would restore my line as it was them at fault
hope I've read the info wrong
12 REPLIES 12
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information?

I think you are being provisioned with ADSL1 but on 21CN. This might be due to being a "like for like" migration or a system bug (there is another instance here).
I wouldn't worry that this is happening, let this complete then Plusnet will place a modify order to move the service to ADSL2+. Normally an overnight job.
David
SE
Rising Star

Thanks for the info spraxyt
On this site
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Kendal&exact=541&plugin=vp
it showed amber on 20cn for months. that's about the same time as my speed dropped
then on about the 2nd aug my line went full 7.4 throughput for days
that checker's last update was 2nd aug and green, so can't tell if it's back to amber.
I was going fibre in a few months, but now the bt website that has said fibre 47.9 for months now says no I cant get it
cant use the pn one today as it says im with pn, but lastnight it said fibre 47.9, and now I guess it will say no fibre
even though the btw av checker still says
WBC FTTC Up to 47.9 Up to 8 -- Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 1 Up to 0.5 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate  2  -- -- Available
Fixed Rate  2  -- --

my speed with fault is atm
Download speed Mbps 4.79
Upload speed Mbps 0.38
Ping 32.50
8128 Kbps 448 Kbps
Line Attenuation 30.5 dB
Noise Margin 8.8 dB
How do I get plusnet staff to look at this and talk to btw
I have np with the upgrade from adsl1 to adsl2+ and as you said it should be np, But i'm panicking over the fibre now gone because of the btw database error
thank for the help btw Smiley
ps has anyone any idea what's going on
pps next door both sides can get adsl2+18 and fibre 48, and the pole junction box is on MY wall and I server them
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
EDIT:
The PN exchange checker has been updated and now says 20cn faults, and looks like PN let the order auto set ADSL1

20CN virtual paths: Amber
BT is reporting that some of the 20CN virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.
At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.
The ETA fix time is: Not provided by BT
Record last updated: 16 Aug 13
Historical information for this exchange:
Status Date
green 02 Aug 13 
amber 12 Jul 13 
amber 14 Jun 13 
amber 31 May 13 
amber 24 May 13
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You've been placed on 20CN but on ADSL1, we'll be able to transfer this over to ADSL2 as soon as the order is complete.

SE
Rising Star

Hi thanks
is that 20cn on old hardware, because im on btw 20cn and the exchange will not move or fix it as all 20cn is being removed soon (so engineers told me)
or is it ADSL1 on 21cn. would that mean a lift n shift to new working hardware?
hoping you made a typo Smiley
SE
Rising Star

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes it's 21CN so will be on different hardware. As soon as this is complete we'll move your product over to ADSL2 which takes one working day.
SE
Rising Star

Thank you
Can you also place a order to uncap my upload and maybe give me a high bRas profile inline with my speed
www.imagebam.com/image/733ee4271428146
thanks for the link to jwsg's problem, its about the same, only diff being 20cn probs at the exchange
The BTW availability checker needs an override on your order forms
something like a "BTW is wrong about line speed, please have a staff member contact me before I join"
dick:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Quote from: SE
I was going fibre in a few months, but now the bt website that has said fibre 47.9 for months now says no I cant get it
cant use the pn one today as it says im with pn, but last night it said fibre 47.9, and now I guess it will say no fibre

The July WBC status report says your exchange is Fibre enabled so I guess it is availability on your cabinet that will be the restriction - or perhaps it is/was a temporary glitch. (Hope so.  Cool )
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you also place a order to uncap my upload and maybe give me a high bRas profile inline with my speed

We'll do this when we place the modify order to move over to ADSL2.
SE
Rising Star

Quote from: spraxyt
Quote from: SE
cant use the pn one today as it says im with pn, but last night it said fibre 47.9, and now I guess it will say no fibre

The July WBC status report says your exchange is Fibre enabled so I guess it is availability on your cabinet that will be the restriction - or perhaps it is/was a temporary glitch. (Hope so.  Cool )

It must be a bug as the cab is fibre and it said for a long time that I can get it.
funny that the bt and pn sites did say fibre is a go last night, then this morning bt said no go away no fibre for you. I couldn't look at pn as it has put my number down as a pn number now
If this is all down to the BTW checker then that's not good and is slowing down the fibre roll out to people
I even tried contacting BTW about it, but it's easer to talk to the Queen lol.
Some posts about the BTWC
www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/broadband/3358332/bt-infinity-broadband-availability-check-unreliable
EDIT:
my cab 28 is a go http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LCKEN
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think that SamKnows page only says the exchange supports FTTC, no information about your individual cabinet - their data source is probably the same as I checked. Has take up of FTTC from your cabinet been high? There is always the possibility that all the available connections have been taken up.
David
SE
Rising Star

Quote from: spraxyt
I think that SamKnows page only says the exchange supports FTTC, no information about your individual cabinet - their data source is probably the same as I checked. Has take up of FTTC from your cabinet been high? There is always the possibility that all the available connections have been taken up.

Yep the cab had a new fibre cab across from it
the engineer that came said I can go adsl2+ or fibre, and that was last week
I did place an order months ago for bt infinity, but dropped out after a week or so as I wanted to go PN
And Yes last night I did think "Oh, what if it's all gone now"
it's a small place and most aren't bothered about the internet, but now BT are pushing football on fibre, then.......  Roll_eyes
The Wife's just reminded me that if I put the neighbours number in it says fibre is a go, and we have the poll junction box on our wall.
and if I use my postcode and number it shows the normal speed info and fibre like it did
http://www.imagebam.com/image/85595c271563204
I wonder if it's because my line is moving over to PN
I thought moving to PN first before my old isp went LLU would cause less pain,... boy I was wrong