cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with internet connection dropping

Minxymoo
Grafter

Problems with internet connection dropping

Is there any problems with Plusnet today?  I'm able to connect to Plusnet website but no other sites.
18 REPLIES 18
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Is There Problems With Plusnet Today? Can't Connect

Just tried a number of sites and no problem getting them to come up.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'm OK checking my usual first thing in the morning sites Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Minxymoo
Grafter

I seem to be ok now but took me about 5-10mins to get onto anything else as jsut kept saying could not connect.  Also my router had lost connection to internet as well. 
James
Grafter

Hi Charkey,
If anything it sounds like your router dropped the connection and just needed a little help to remember how to do its job properly.
Feel free to shout up if you have any furhter difficulties.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Router just dropped connection again.  I hope this is not the start of problems again as we had this for about 6 months before BT came out and said they had fixed it!!
James
Grafter

Hi Charley,
I hope not too.
I've just checked the connectivity logs against your account and whilst I can see that there have been a couple of drops today, over the last week the connection has been very stable.
The best bet is to keep an eye on it and we can raise with BT if it does continue.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Hi Jameseh
Thanks for checking.  I hope its not either as its taken a long time to get back up and running to a normal service. 
Is there a reason why sometimes connection drops?
Charlie
James
Grafter

Hi Charlie,
It could be a number of things to be honest with you.  It could be anything from an exchange fault, a line fault, an increased pattern of noise on your telephone line, to internal wiring or hardware problems at your end.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Well here we go again with internet connection dropping!! 
Had been quite stable since my last post but for the last few days connection keeps dropping and at times it is taken ages to get the connection up and running again.  DSL light on router keeps flashing away and we also seem to have a hiss on our home phone. Not quite sure what to do as had problems with this for about 6 months before Open reach came out and said they could not really find what the fault was but said he thought it had been fixed!!  Angry
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Charley
Well here we go again with internet connection dropping!! 
Had been quite stable since my last post but for the last few days connection keeps dropping and at times it is taken ages to get the connection up and running again.  DSL light on router keeps flashing away and we also seem to have a hiss on our home phone. Not quite sure what to do as had problems with this for about 6 months before Open reach came out and said they could not really find what the fault was but said he thought it had been fixed!!  Angry

The BT guy who came out to me yesterday told me (and this is totally unconnected with the problem I am having) that a faulty Sky Box will inject an audible signal on your phone line. It's usually one of the neighbours and they probably won't know anything about it!
Minxymoo
Grafter

Re: Problems with internet connection dropping

Not a lot I can do if its that?  I think its our phone line that has the fault but hard to get it fixed if they come out and say they don't know where it is?
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

OK two things...  if you can hear noise on your phone line then BT can and will sort it (depending on the experience of the technician!). They have to find who and what is injecting noise into their system. But just in case, have you tried using new ADSL filter(s) at the relevant points? A faulty one of those can let past junk noise.
James
Grafter

Hi Charley,
If you're hearing a hiss on your telephone line then I'm afraid you'll need to give us a ring and get another HOme Phone fault raised.
I'm sorry it's a bit of a pain.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Yes, that's what I thought.  We are going on holiday at the weekend so I will leave it until we get back as I doubt anything would be done before we go away.
It is such a nuisance makes me think again of just getting rid of braodband.  Sad