cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with IPlayer & Unlimited & Value

Tsonga
Grafter

Re: Problems with IPlayer & Unlimited & Value

All I've got is: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. How do I find out if it's 64 bit? Sorry, a bit clueless...  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you don't know - you haven't  Grin
Tsonga
Grafter

I won't ask what XP 64 bit is because it's OT but I shall look it up next time I'm bored because I hate not knowing things!  Huh
scootie
Grafter

Grin think jims speaking the truth there.
not used xp for donkeys but if its same as vista try control panel, system and matenince, system
Tsonga
Grafter

Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Posted elsewhere but I am now connected via the IPstream connect trial and iPlayer traffic is 0x80
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
There was a problem with PCL-AG04 that would have not helped, all fixed now.  Just need feedback from arbor in relation to the two switches that Dave has mentioned earlier
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm just wondering if http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77305.0.html is relevant to these problems. Particularly the bit about packets arriving out of order which is causing stalls.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mav
Fixes: 516

Received a reply to my ticket (Incorrect Traffic Management | ID: 29187282 ) informing me about a new signature for iPlayer which will all being well be rolled out later this week.
Will there be a public announcement when this is completed or just an update to the open ticket?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Mav
Will there be a public announcement when this is completed or just an update to the open ticket?

I'll post something to Service Status and update this thread after catching up with Dave.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Tsonga
Grafter

Received a reply to my ticket (Incorrect Traffic Management | ID: 29187282 ) informing me about a new signature for iPlayer which will all being well be rolled out later this week.

Yes, I received the same reply to my ticket, and wanted to thank you very much for your response and your help. Will let you know, of course, some time next week I suppose, if the problem has resolved itself at my end.
All the best!  Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Bob

I'll post something to Service Status and update this thread after catching up with Dave.

Now posted. This update is intended to fix a few things, but as opposed to derail this thread I'll have a mosey around for where the other issues are being discussed and update those threads accordingly.
The updated iPlayer sig is specifically intended to address a few issues with streaming on MACs. People need to be aware that we may still have the problems with misclassification on the pcl-ag02 and pte-ag1 gateways. We have a case open with our vendors to address the misclassification problem and one of the things they've suggested is that we 'refresh' our signatures (with want of a better term). Tomorrow's maintenance work involves updating/deleting various signatures so we may find that the misclassification problem is also fixed as a result (fingers crossed)...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

and will we be fingers crossed tomoro moring to see if it sorts asbo's orignal problem out and be trying his umlimited profile again or is all the sigs geared towards 20cn
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

As I hoped, the addition of the new sigs this morning has kicked the other sig into appearing on PCL-AG02 and PTE-AG1. Need to check everything else but I'm hoping that the combination of the new sig (which is already getting hits) and the fixing of the old one should pick up most if not all of the traffic.
While the new sig was developed for Macs I have a feeling that it should also pick up some PC iPlayer traffic too.
Asbo you're back on Unlimited now, should take effect immediately, no need disconnect/reconnect.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Tsonga
Grafter

Quote from: dave
While the new sig was developed for Macs I have a feeling that it should also pick up some PC iPlayer traffic too.

I hope you're right because I don't think that any of us with the current problem are Mac users, although I may be wrong. I certainly am not!  Smiley