Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor web connectivity this morning

FIXED
carlcaulkett
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Poor web connectivity this morning

It's very sluggish. Some links are timing out temporarily. Is it just me?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Poor web connectivity this morning

Fix

@carlcaulkett - This appears to be a recurring theme this morning. If you can change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. (Google's) this this should resolve your issue. You can do this in your router so it will change for every device on your network assuming you're using DHCP.

carlcaulkett
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Made that change. Instant improvement. Thanks very much!

horsey

how do u change the dns settings in the plusnet  hub one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@horsey - As I understand it you can't! But if you're running Windows this may help as a temporary measure.

Control Panel / Network and Internet
Network and Sharing Centre
On the left select Change Adapter Settings
Select your Network Interface and right click for the context menu and select Properties (at the bottom).
Look for the entry in the list that says “Internet Protocol v4 (TCP/IPv4) and double click it.
On the General tab select the option to “Use the following DND server addresses” and enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and click OK then OK again.

That should give you a temporary fix until the issue is resolved. But remember to undo once a fix is in place.

sirchinny
Dabbler

I am having serious issues too.

However, it appears that in my Hub One, DNS settings cannot be changed at source.

Won't this method mean that all the connected devices need to be altered as well?Huh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, regrettably this is the case. I don't even know for sure if there is a Plusnet DNS issue, but you could try a restart of the router, before making any changes, nothing ventured nothing gained.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

I had this problem earlier. A total disconnect - switch off router - wait five minutes - restart router has seemed to fix it.

(TG582N router)

John
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

We’re investigating a potential problem where some customers may be having problems accessing websites or online services.

We'll provide updates when available Here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
horsey

to be fair this didnt make a diffrence

poppy123
Dabbler

We have had problems too, like gmail, hotmail and many sites as well, but some sites were okay. Everything seems fine now just was problematic this morning and this afternoon