Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet problems with Sharedband and traffic shaping

chrislacey
Grafter

Plusnet problems with Sharedband and traffic shaping

Hi all,
Has anyone tried using Plusnets business adsl lines with Sharedband?
Me and a friend setup 3 lines (2 at one site and 3 at another) and using the Sharedband bonding service to provide a VPN tunnel.. The performance with the Plusnet lines is pathetic and were not getting any help from raising tickets.. only 1 line is with another priovider (BE) and that line seems to work fine
Its quite obvious that traffic shaping is happening... and Sharedbands support say they think that the VPN traffic from site-to-site is being classed as peer-to-peer.
Its getting to a point may have to request MAC keys from Plusnet, even for lines within the minimum contract period as unfit for purpose.
If any Plusnet agents  can help look into this it would be appreciated
Chris Lacey  Embarrassed
6 REPLIES 6
Mark
Grafter

Re: Plusnet problems with Sharedband and traffic shaping

Hi Chris
I'll do some digging into this and see what is happening in addition to reviewing our ticket responses. I do note that you actually have a consumer product currently and as such the issues you have right now are on a consumer line as oposed to a Business line. Noetheless I'll still do some digging.
Apologies for the difficulties you've experienced and I'll update you asap.
Mark
Mark
Grafter

Chris
Reviewing your ticket history, your last comment was
"sorry, i think i found the problem, the MTU size needed setting in the router and pc and i needed to enable large fragmented packets... not sure why this is only a problem on 21CN and was not a problem before
you can close the ticket and i will monitor"

That was your last response to our networks team who were working on your problem. At your request they pushed the ticket back to you for closure. Do I understand that your assumption of 10 Jan was incorrect, if so if you raise the ticket back to us we can reopen the investigation for you and get this resolved. We cant fix it until you tell us Smiley
Mark
Mark
Grafter

Right scrap most of that. Had I correctly read your OP I'd have picked up that you are talking about your friends account. Can you identify that account for me please so I can do some proper digging?
chrislacey
Grafter

Hi Mark, Thanks for the quick reply and offer to help
yes sorry those problems i logged were my own personal issues since moving to 21cn
ive pm'd u the account names
Mark
Grafter

Got your PM Chris and I'll pick this up in the morning again.
Mark
Grafter

Chris.
I've replied in detail to your PM which will hopefully explain where we are at with your friends accounts.
I'll leave it there for now. Should this need to be picked up further, the next steps are covered in my PM.
Mark