cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

Aimeep
Grafter

Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

Plusnet system blocked me from using my internet service and accessing the hub at 7.30pm yesterday . Plusnet confirmed my access has been blocked by their computer or system but they have no idea why . I find that very odd that an automated system would block. Or stop a customers internet usage but refuse to let customer services know the reason mSi I have no TV no internet in phone etc and they have no idea why their system has fine it Apparently they Saud it's an automated system that blocks or restricts access for customers and Plusnet said they have no control over what the a.i firs and it first provide reasons for what it does. If it can't be sorted I have to pay for the service for 18 months without having the service as Plusnet have warned me they will come down heavy on me financially if I try to find another provider so I can access the internet .

I'm also blocked by their system from accessing my router as the username and password boxes are greyed out to stop  me logging in so I can get broadband .Agents Saud they dont know why their system has done this as it has been been stopped by the system, but the system hasn't given a reason and they can't find one .

Does all this make sense ? it does not to me but they were not willing to answer my questions just kept saying they don't know why their system has fine it.

150 REPLIES 150
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

@Aimeep It doesn't make sense to me at all. Just to confirm, your account is paid up to date, and you have no other dispute with Plusnet?

This really need Help Team involvement, but (although he isn't officially on that team), maybe @Gandalf may take a look?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

I wonder whether there’s a misunderstanding here and it’s a breakdown on the Openreach service that’s also triggered a hub factory reset.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 If the Hub has 'reset', surely it would either have the 'setup@plusdsl.net' or users name/password input?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

surely it would either have the 'setup@plusdsl.net' 

That sounds like what's happened

I'm also blocked by their system from accessing my router as the username and password boxes are greyed out to stop  me logging in so I can get broadband

Because there's an active PPPoE session ( albeit ) with the setup username, the username/password boxes are greyed out.

The connection needs manually dropping to allow the actual account details to be entered BUT I suspect that won't help, it sounds like the account's been disabled, otherwise the Hub would have pulled the details via TR069 anyway!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@jab1 

True, maybe it needs a factory reset.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

So, we need Help Team involvement to ascertain why - as I said above. 😀

John
Aimeep
Grafter

Yes . Up to date billing no line faults. Just a complete block on all internet access including phone and laptop . The system has logged that it stopped my internet access but it's more accurate I've been blocked from using the service for unknown reasons ,rather than it stopping their end the system has just blocked me using broadband .The configuration on the hub says my internet service is blocked until tomorrow midnight and has blocked me from accessing the internet for two days , in the router so I can get a service but they have no idea why and I don't know if I will have a service but I'm not allowed to leave and they can't find any outside faults or or any other issues but I remain blocked out if tgr router an broadband they just don't know by whom by what or how .
I am housebound partially paralyzed partially sighted bring treated gut cancer severe arthritis and Insomnia. I can't watch TV as that used the internet so no TV for I dont know how long , cannot contact friends as use WhatsApp WiFi won't work and have a laptop with no internet access and they said they will try to resolve it but don't know when or if so I in limbo.
Aimeep
Grafter

I've spoken to them they can't help they don't know the answer except for more line tests with an engineer as all line tests come up as no issues ,they are stumped . They think I've made the last bit up about my internet being blocked but a message comes up when I try to ccess hub page says my internet access has been blocked for two days but Plusnet don't believe me which has really upset me .
jab1
Legend

@Aimeep Unfortunately, the Help Team are in short supply at the weekend, but hopefully someone will pick this up on Monday for you.

It is a very strange situation, though - I've never heard of anything similar in the ~30 years I've been using the internet.

John
Aimeep
Grafter

I dint understand how they didn't know why they have blocked it stopped my services apparently the everything is automated and Plusnet have no control over what their systems decide and can stop your services but firs not tell Plusnet why . Do that's why they can't tell me because they are not told either .
jab1
Legend

@Aimeep wrote:
I've spoken to them they can't help they don't know the answer except for more line tests with an engineer as all line tests come up as no issues ,they are stumped . They think I've made the last bit up about my internet being blocked but a message comes up when I try to ccess hub page says my internet access has been blocked for two days but Plusnet don't believe me which has really upset me .

So - and I am making a big assumption here - maybe you have picked up a computer infection somewhere. That is what it is beginning to sound like, to me, anyway.

@MisterW - Am I going in the right direction?

John
Aimeep
Grafter

It's not good enough and that problem of bring shirt staffed should not be suffered by customers they should employ enough people instead of trying yubvut corners by making more money and providing practicallybxetibdetbucevgurvtge vulnerable SVD disabled m I am a pensioner in 4 years and they want me wait for 18 months possibly without a service pay full price and have threatened me that if I decide to join another provider if Plusnet can't provide the service with Plusnet will hit me hard as they can financially to stop me .I dont appreciate being threatened! I've been asked to do without access to TV etc for two days or more .
Just not acceptable and I will be signing with another provider who first threaten the elderly or disabled and had no control over what their a.i decided to secretly do customers accounts ! I've cancelled my direct debit I'm not paying for something I've not had for two days or won't have SVD this situation is indefinite, we all know plusnet take money but will not refund it when they fail to provide a service finding any excuse they can by pretending their systems did this behind their back and without their knowledge because it's all automated it can't be reversed once the automated system makes s decision even based in inaccurate info or non existent ingi .
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

It sounds a bit like parental blocking - where internet access can be blocked when the kids are supposed to be doing their homework. 

Does the Hub2 have anything like that (I've never used one)?

@Aimeep do you use any anti-virus or other security software?

I'm rather puzzled that Plusnet confirmed they can see that their system has blocked your access, I've never heard of anything like that.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

@jab1 just thinking exactly the same myself!

They think I've made the last bit up about my internet being blocked but a message comes up when I try to ccess hub page says my internet access has been blocked for two days

AFAIK there's no facility for the Hub to display that.

@Aimeep I suggest you get someone (a friend or relative) with some IT experience to check your system for viruses & malware

edit:

It sounds a bit like parental blocking - where internet access can be blocked when the kids are supposed to be doing their homework. 

Does the Hub2 have anything like that (I've never used one)?

that's a possibility, I believe the hub 2 does have some parental controls. Never heard of them activating by accident though and why two days ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.