cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

Aimeep
Grafter

Re: Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

There are no icons above the reply box just a text reply box no icons . So I'm clueless .
Aimeep
Grafter

Sorry ☹️
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

OK. I'm using my phone right now

So on the upper right do you see three lines? From there look for use desktop site and slide it to yes. It will then show the icons

Edit or three dots

Aimeep
Grafter

Plusnet are sending an engineer out tomorrow as it takes 48 hours to request toj test the line again as it was showing no problems except no broadband service for the last two days . The router ceased connecting at the same time the system stopped the service or it stopped . Do have to see what happens just concerned if the line tests come back as fine but I've still got no broadband service and no working router there's not much they can do they said ..have to wait and see now .

Thank you kind forum people ❤️
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Aimeep wrote:
Plusnet are sending an engineer out tomorrow as it takes 48 hours to request toj test the line again as it was showing no problems except no broadband service for the last two days .

It won't be a Plusnet engineer and when did you call them or when did they call you or was this arranged by the Plusnet Bot? Also when did all of this get arranged?

I'd just like to know if I've been wasting my time as I've been replying recently and it sounds like this was already arranged before my latter replies.

@Aimeep wrote:
The router ceased connecting at the same time the system stopped the service or it stopped .

But you shouldn't have had issues with your devices connecting to the router itself, but yes their ability to connect to the www wouldn't have worked through the router.

Somebody else asked, so please tell us as to how you've been able to reply? You could have tethered a wifi only enabled device(s) to a device which uses a sim card (thus data) and therefore could have gotten at least one of those back online

Although we (the customer side) can't see your email address or IP address or the browser used to gain access to these forums, the admin side should be able to. These forums store the info I've just mentioned in a section not many are aware or know of.

@Aimeep wrote:
Do have to see what happens just concerned if the line tests come back as fine but I've still got no broadband service and no working router there's not much they can do they said ..have to wait and see now

Plusnet carry out certain remote testing but you've said Plusnet are sending someone out or do you mean the line testing by the engineer?

Oh well, hopefully either Plusnet or Openreach find a fault and fix it - just a word of warning if the fault is from the master socket and into your property or caused by damage within your property boundary then you could well be charged for the visit. We could have helped you and thus you possibly wouldn't have had to have an engineer or the possibility of a no fault (at their end) charge.

Good luck!! I can't help you anymore without you providing what others or myself have advised you post up.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@Aimeep I'm sorry that the community haven't been able to help with your problem.

We may have done better if you had actually answered some of the questions we tried to ask.

I fear that the engineer won't be able to help, as your broadband connection to the router tested OK - and that is all that is guaranteed by Plusnet. The community is here to help with other problems - but you haven't let us.

Good luck.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Reading this thread, I suspect that something has caused the hub to default to it's factory username of setup@plusdsl.net and it's failing to 'provision' correctly and getting stuck there.

This will cause attempts to access the Internet to redirect to the Hub Manager at http://192.168.1.254

If enough traffic hits the router this way then the Hub One will block local access to the management interface; I suspect this is where much of the confusion is around parental controls/viruses etc.

I'll try and take a more detailed look shortly and see if I can make sense of it...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Thanks, @bobpullen . I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

So, I've taken a look...

@Aimeep wrote:
I have hub one .

Are you certain about that because it looks to me like we shipped you a Hub Two (serial number ending 576).

The last time I can see any connection attempts hit Plusnet's network was early hours of 21/01. Since then, nothing.

If you haven't done so already then I would suggest you try factory resetting the hub by inserting something into the reset pinhole at the rear of the device and holding it in until the status light flashes green. The hub will restart. Leave it 5 mins or so and see if there's any improvement.

If that doesn't help, and you're confident all cables are secure/have not been dislodged, then it does look to be something external to your property that's causing the problem. 

The line is testing as out of sync at this side, so if the router is showing a steady blue light then something has definitely got mixed up somewhere (if what you're seeing your side agreed with the test results then I'd expect an orange flashing light). 

Hopefully an engineer will be able to get to the bottom of it 🤞

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Aimeep
Grafter

I'm still without broadband three days now . Have no TVto watch no internet and I'm housebound . Had nothing back from Plusnet They have not contacted me back.
Aimeep
Grafter

No I'm using hub one never received any other hub .sorry
Aimeep
Grafter

No trouble shooting works . The hub dies not recognise my username. Used different devices hub still firs not recognise user name. Services were stopped by Plusnet systems 3 days ago . I dont know what to do
Aimeep
Grafter

The router is now dead . Nothing no lights m zero.
Aimeep
Grafter

Line tests come back fine yet no service and dead router . No vintdct back from Plusnet.
Mav
Fixes: 515

With respect @Aimeep a member of staff, @bobpullen, has replied here

I know it sounds too obvious to try but has the power cable come loose from the back of the router?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still