cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet IP Profiles that are stuck

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Plusnet IP Profiles that are stuck

Matt / Mand, I don't see any comment added to my ticket? It's been 6 days since any activity has occurred.
and my profile is stuck YET AGAIN! BT says 2500, you 2000 - why are so many profiles not being updated!
Mand
Grafter

The regrade to ADSL2+ is due to complete tomorrow.
I'm looking into the profile change stuff separately.
Mand
Grafter

I've changed it to 2500 for you now though.
ChrisHS

Hi plusnet support,
My Plusnet line rate seems stuck at 4000 no matter what I try to nudge it.
BT speed test/line profile is at 4500.
Router sync rate between 5611900 & 5927900.
Account name cancer
I started raising a fault through the portal but stopped when the BT test showed it was PN not catching up the rate.
After giving it a few reboots & waiting a couple of weeks it isn't moving on its own.
Can you update my PN profile rate please ?
I thought one of the worth having bits of ADSL2 was seemless rate adaption, to adjust lines up/down without help from bt/isp/customer, unfortunately I read somewhere BT have 'opted out' from this. Would that be a better long term fix ?
Ta,
Chris
~~~~~
chrishs at PN
Mewcenary
Grafter

Hello!  Please can someone sort out my account?
For as long as I can remember I've been getting 350-400 kbytes per second transfer rates, which is great.
However, since last night (and a power cut) I am not lucky to get 15 kbytes per second!  The router is still syncing up okay, currently:
DownStream Connection Speed 4736 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps
Which is roughly as I would normally expect.
I note my BT IP profile is at.... 135!  What happened?!  That's a sudden leap...
Investigations this end: router now moved to master socket, and plugging directly into the 'secret' socket behind it.  I have replaced the microfilter and the cable between socket and router (This seemed a bit dodgy, it would cut out the phone line when touched sometimes).
I have also tried another router (DSL-504).
So I imagine it is possible there was a time when that lead was screwing the line quality, but again, didn't notice any speed problems.
To summarise: Before last night, great speeds, since then right down to 10kbytes per second. Sad
Help!  (have raised a ticket but hoping this will help push things through a bit faster)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@ChrisHS
I'll take a look at your profile now.
@Mewcenary
We can't alter your IP Profile, as long as you stay synced higher it will increase but can take 72 hours to do so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@ChrisHS
I'll take a look at your profile now.

Done, you may need to disconnect/reconnect your router to see the higher speeds.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mewcenary
Grafter

Hi,
This went back to working perfectly last night (my BT IP profile went back to 4000).  However, the profile is still 4000 this morning but my speed has dropped to about 20 kilobytes/second again.
I received a comment on my ticket to turn interleaving on - I don't want this!  Especially since my last comment on the ticket was that everything was working again !
Looking at my 'Connection details' it seems my 'line speed' has been set to:
Current line speed:
Please can this be put back up to what it should be!
My router is still synced at 4500 odd...
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've upped your profile to 4000 our side, but if your BT profile drops again this will trigger another drop in our profile.
Mewcenary
Grafter

Many thanks.  Line has resynced and back to normal performance.
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear it. Smiley
jonadams

My BT IP profile had dropped to 2500 temporarily but is now back up to 4000. My Plus net profile has remained at 2500. Would someone at plus net please move it back up to match BT?
Mand
Grafter

@jonadams, your profile is back upto 4000 now.
ctech500
Grafter

I also have a profile in-balance BT =8000 PN =7150
I know its small but I have noticed a dramatic drop in performance.
Sauniere
Grafter

Hi,
I've had a problem with my connect (sync speed stuck at 3069k)  This resolved itself several days ago and my sync is back up around 5000k.  However, my ip profile (as reported in the plusnet connection settings area)  is staying at 2500. Could someone have a look at  it and seeif it's stuck please?  I can't think of any other reason why it would still be at 2500
Cheers