cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package change always a "trial"?

Laser
Grafter

Package change always a "trial"?

I'm a fairly low traffic user currently on the legacy 2GB PAYG package. Perfectly happy with it, except I'm finding that the allowance is getting a bit restrictive. Therefore I'm considering the new BBYW Option 2 (8GB) package to see if the restricted speeds are going to be a problem vs. staying put and buying more GB.
In several other posts on this forum it has been mentioned that it is possible to "test" this and revert after one month to the old PAYG package if required. Is this try-before-you-buy facility automatically available if I upgrade through the portal, or should I approach a CS agent directly to get this fall-back?

By the way, looking through the available BBYW packages, I think this highlights a gap in the offerings. I'd potentially like the speeds of the more expensive option 3 and 4, but have no use for that level of usage allowance. (I very occasionally use P2P, but only in the region 500MB-1GB.) The BBYW structure assumes that you want both GB and P2P speed, and cannot trade one off for the other. It would be interesting to know how much of that extra £15 between option 2 and 4 is to cover the additional 32GB and how much for the speed boost. At one time there was talk of a fully customisable BBYW package. If that's still in the pipeline, a trade-off like this would be worth considering. Then people could, for example, have a 5GB package with higher speeds, or a 2GB package with unrestricted speeds (ie: the legacy PAYG I'm on now) for the same cost.
3 REPLIES 3
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Package change always a "trial"?

Sorry if you already know this but it's not entirely clear from your post: you can pre-purchase extra usage on PAYG to bolster the 2GB you already have. The price is £1.50 per 2GB, so you could, for example, have 6GB for £17.99 per month.
Laser
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
you can pre-purchase extra usage on PAYG to bolster the 2GB you already have.

Yep, I was aware of that. Smiley  I was trying to avoid upping my monthly bill!
I don't really "need" the unrestricted connection that the legacy PAYG offers, making the option 2 BBYW attractive at the same price point. It is however, a kind of chicken-and-egg situation: I could use a GB or two more some months, mainly for the odd P2P item. Yet if P2P or some downloads were too slow, then my casual and very intermittent use of them would not readily consume as high an amount of data because it would become unusably slow, unless I scheduled for after midnight - which I could do on my current package and not count the GBs. Crazy  Hence the "trial".
paulby
Grafter

It's normally OK to change product and then go back to a legacy product if the new one doesn't work out.
My advice would be to PM Jameseh and ask (or wait for him or another menber of the comms team to come by this thread).