Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP Drops

plux
Dabbler

PPP Drops

Good evening,

I have been pulling my hair out this weekend with my internet connectivity.  I've always suspected I had connectivity issues, but wasn't 100% sure it wasn't Chrome or my wifi and just dealt with it.  Well on Saturday I had so many drops that I started using Firefox instead and got my PC wired into the router.  Still loads of issues.  I talked to Plus Net on chat and the agent said they would try some things and to watch my line for the next 72 hours.

This morning I get up and got disconnected right away at 8:03.  I checked the router logs and saw PPP drops at 3:57, 4:17, and 6:05 too!  It wasn't until the afternoon that I got to contact chat about it... except it kept going down at 15:41, 16:11, 16:27, and for good at 17:35.  Since then my broadband light has been off and my internet hasn't come back.  An agent on chat says I need an engineer.

In the meantime (getting off work will be an issue) what's it look like on your end?  Some threads I read suggested my no broadband light on the router might be an ongoing session on Plus Net's end.  I've got my fingers crossed that's the case.

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: PPP Drops

Hi @plux,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection drops and would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I've had a further look into this for you today. As my response contains a lot of account specific information, I've added a ticket to your account with this on. You can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team