cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN - major service incident

FunkyGibbon

Re: PN - major service incident

I have been offline all day - currently my router seems to be online and has an IP address, but if I try to navigate to a web page like Google.co.uk I get a text error message in my browser: Gateway Timeout: can't connect to remote host.
picbits
Rising Star

What is the IP address of the router ? If it starts off with something like 172.x then you may need to reboot your router again.
FunkyGibbon

I gave up waiting in the support queue and went to bed - unplugging the router. I still have the same error this morning, so nothing has changed following a long switch-off.
Ip address starts with 87.115.
Gateway: 195.166.128.189
DNS1: 212.159.6.9
I now have to go to work, so it will be this evening when I can try to get through to support again.
Timalay
Grafter

Funny thing is my friend who is a neighboring town about 16 miles away, who is on Plusnet ADSL, had no problems.  Yet my Fibre connection did.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I think it was a matter of which gateway you happened to be connected to at the time rather than whether on ADSL or fibre - I was one of the lucky ones, but looking at the 'collated users online' graph there must have been around 150,000 PN customers on the affected BNG gateways who weren't.  Sad
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: FunkyGibbon
I gave up waiting in the support queue and went to bed - unplugging the router. I still have the same error this morning, so nothing has changed following a long switch-off.
Ip address starts with 87.115.
Gateway: 195.166.128.189
DNS1: 212.159.6.9
I now have to go to work, so it will be this evening when I can try to get through to support again.

87.115.x.x is definitely a Plusnet IP, the gateway 195.166.128.189 is pcl-ag08 and the DNS 212.159.6.9 is a standard Plusnet one so all your connection details are correct.
Very strange.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's fascinating looking at the ping graphs (while it's still less than 24 hours ago) to get an idea of roughly what percentage of users were affected.
http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/
Stranger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Mine came back last night and was working fine. However when I came to try accessing the internet this morning .... No internet, have had the router off for 25 mins bit still nothing, what's best to do, turn it off for an hour our do a reboot?
This is a real PITA Angry
Rebooted and still no internet via laptop but I have internet via desktop and phone so problem would appear to be with my lap top, any ideas what the issue might be please shout and apologies for thinking it was another PN issue.
Now sorted, thanks for looking
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Having just rung  the PN phone number, i was greeted with   " we are aware that a large number of customer currently experiencing problem connecting  to the internet ...."
If this is still the case why no SS update? If not why is the message on there?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I think that PN are in meltdown today. There seems to be NO staff input whatsoever.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Your not wrong
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

The usual staff to comment on things like this seem awol  Undecided
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

It ridiculous to have a message like that on the support line STILL (6.32pm)  if in fact there is no issue ( which seems to be the case given, there aren't lots of new posts about broadband problems, and PN last updated twitter 10 hrs ago  ) , also ridiculous to have no SS if there is.
Just leads to possible mass confusion , for customers ringing in.
Is anyone from PN going to bother responding?
Regards
Mike

FunkyGibbon

I have arrived home to have the same gateway timeout error. My ip now begins with 146.200 and as far as my router is concerned I am connected to the Internet. As far as every other piece of equipment is concerned, I cannot access the Internet due to gateway timeouts.
By the sounds of it I won't get much luck with the phone support either - but I will risk it and the inevitable 'we don't support your make of router' disclaimer - actually, before I do I'll check the call charges on the plus.net lines, I have already sat in the queue for a while last night without getting through Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I experienced no drop out whatsoever
However I'm on fibre if that makes a difference
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up