Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Power anomaly?

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Output Power anomaly?

I was put on ADSL2+ during the night and my sync speed has gone up considerably. However, there are two "strange" figures popping up...
Firstly, the output power on my Voyager 2110 before was around 19dB, and after it has sunk to 0dB! Is this normal?  See pics.
And secondly, although the sync speed has gone up, my download speed has decreased according to the BT speedtester. Profile before was around 7200kbps. Again see pic.
Is there a waiting period before things kick in? At the moment the SNRM is constant around 6dB and the line is stable.
8 REPLIES 8
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Output Power anomaly?

It'll take a little while for you to receive a profile in line with your sync speed but everything looks good so leave it powered up and plugged in.
I wouldn't read too much into the output power, it's probably mis-reported.
nozzer
Hero

Thanks Ben.
Jameseh has a competitor!  Wink
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: nozzer
Firstly, the output power on my Voyager 2110 before was around 19dB, and after it has sunk to 0dB! Is this normal?

Can't find the reference right now, but apparently it is normal.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
nozzer
Hero

Is anyone at PN able to tell me whether my interleaving is set to Auto or whether it's on Opt-in?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, gimme a minute...
Edit: You're set to 'auto'. Your router should be able to report whether interleaving is currently in effect. We can also force it to be enabled or disabled, at your request.
nozzer
Hero

Thanks Ben, that's fine. It's set at a very high bit depth at the moment but that should reduce.  Smiley
nozzer
Hero

Still seems ok...  upstream interleaving is now showing "fast path" but downstream is still set at 64 bit. Does the DLM reduce/remove interleaving before adjusting the SNRM? If so, what is it actually measuring..  can't be line drops because in my case I've not had any apart from retrains. Is it errors, and which ones if so, SES, ES CRC  or what?Huh
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

A retrain is normally caused by a drop Smiley
I don't have exact information to hand as to what process DLM goes through, but Kitz might be helpful.