Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange flashing light after activation

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Orange flashing light after activation

I appreciate you cannot easily post pictures ovr mobile, but what does the narrative at the bottom of this page say?

BT Broadband - Address

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 409

@barryn2024 Ok, so the instructions you have ARE correct for the Full Fibre 500 product, but as @jab1 says , you should have an ONT.

did the previous occupants have Full Fibre ?  I'm assuming they did as otherwise the system would have required an Openreach engineer to install an ONT.

I wonder if they took the ONT with them, is there a short cable coming through the wall, with a green plug dangling somewhere ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barryn2024
Dabbler

They left their router here and it was the same as ours (hub2) and I also noticed that they had a grey cable plugged into the the 'broadband' port. I can't see anywhere where there would have been the ONT. I can't see any green cables dangling through the a wall. 

barryn2024
Dabbler

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered.

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This site is in an FTTP priority area where FTTP is available but exceptionally SOGEA will also show as available to order but only at Non-Standard Premises (NSP) such as Hot site, Uninhabitable and Temporary locations. Migrations of WLR Solus (voice-only lines) is also allowed but only for SOGEA 0.5Mbps bandwidths. SOGEA 40/10 bandwidths order is also allowed.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules. CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception.

Thank you for your interest

jab1
Legend

In that case, @barryn2024 there should be an ONT somewhere in the property - with a grey box on the outside wall and the ONT on the inside of the same wall.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

ONT exists with active service

@barryn2024 the Openreach system believes there is an ONT there!

The fact that it says an active service could possibly be due to your order , rather than the previous occupant.

and I also noticed that they had a grey cable plugged into the the 'broadband' port

That would indicate they didnt have Full Fibre.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barryn2024
Dabbler

Scoured the walls of all of the flat and there's nothing like that on any of the walls inside or out. When we moved in the previous tenants router was also plugged into to same openreach master 5c socket. It feels like there's an error on the system. I have no idea what to do now. 

jab1
Legend

Something doesn't sound right - there is obviously no FTTP installed, but that is all you can have, realistically as  you are in a Fibre Priority area.

@MisterW Looking at that narrative, is there any chance PN could arrange a SoGEA FTTC service quicker, to tide the OP over until the FF could be installed?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@jab1 the system wont allow a SoGEA order in a Fibre priority UNLESS its a non-standard premises.

@barryn2024 I think you need to get onto Plusnet and explain that you don't have an existing FTTP installation , although the system thnks you do! They'll almost certainly have to send an Openreach engineer to confirm the situation and then schedule an installation.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW This bit of the narrative seems to  suggest a 40/10 SoGEA is allowed?

This site is in an FTTP priority area where FTTP is available but exceptionally SOGEA will also show as available to order but only at Non-Standard Premises (NSP) such as Hot site, Uninhabitable and Temporary locations. Migrations of WLR Solus (voice-only lines) is also allowed but only for SOGEA 0.5Mbps bandwidths. SOGEA 40/10 bandwidths order is also allowed

John
barryn2024
Dabbler

Thanks @MisterW. I rang the support centre and told them my issue. They said that they are going to escalate and ring me back within 2 hours to escalate the issue and arrange an appointment with an engineer. Is there any further details that I should give when they call back? 

I'll keep you posted on any further details.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@barryn2024 

On the Checker from which you posted the narrative earlier does the results window show WBC FTTP in the left hand column and "Available" over to the right?

Is there anything about VDSL showing?

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

@barryn2024 just noticed that, you should be able to see where the overhead wire goes to the premises. If there was a recent FTTP install its possible that there are two cables going to the property. Either way you should be able to see the box where the cable(s) terminate on the outside of the property. An FTTP cable terminates in a box about 15cm x 13 cm whereas a conventional phone line has a much smaller box.

barryn2024
Dabbler

Yes it has 'Available' for 'WBC FTTP' and for 'VDSL Multicast' it shows 'Available' too. 

barryn2024
Dabbler

@MisterW so there is a grey box outside the property that is cable tied. I have a feeling this is for the neighbour though, so the property above.