Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for a week

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: No internet for a week

You may also wish to change the password to a simpler one, some characters are not accepted, so letters and numbers as a starter, you can always change it later.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

That is a good point.  There is a history of some 'permitted' password characters not being accepted by the BT routers.  That said given that this service used to work and now does not, that is not something I would be suspecting here.

If changing the password, though listed as permitted, do not use < or >

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lilaclisa
Dabbler

@Townman
Where do I find log file?
lilaclisa
Dabbler

@Mustrum
I was so excited to try this as I had “!” in my password so changed pw. Sounded like a logical solution... but alas no 😢
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@lilaclisa  As it happens, that one is OK, but there are other special characters that are not.

Have you been able to log into the router to look at what the log files say? Go to Advanced/Troubleshooting and look somewhere in there - sorry going on memory as I don;t use that router anymore.

lilaclisa
Dabbler

@Townman
I have located event log; is that what you mean?
Nothing logged there since November 2019 which is when OR replaced master socket to resolve poor connection.
Sorry if I’ve misunderstood you
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The event log in the router - as above look at troubleshooting on the router admin page.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lilaclisa
Dabbler

@Townman event log shows nothing since November 2019.

Openreach have just paid a 2nd visit and cannot identify any fault with line/supply and suggest it's the end of the line for OR enquiries.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There must be some confusion here!  The event log in the router is logging all of the time.

I do not use a Plusnet Hub Zero / one, but if I recall correctly the log is to be found under 'troubleshooting' on the router admin panel.

lilaclisa
Dabbler

so frustrated...

I have not had internet service since 16 July

every phone call is painful and fruitless and issue still not resolved

Fault 203944061 has now been assigned to PN team member to assist but yet another day passes without resolution.

I work for NHS and am getting behind with my work trying to deal with this and find place to work every day.

My daughter is unable to study.

I am at my wit's end and cannot stop crying through sheer frustration.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Re: so frustrated...

Hello @lilaclisa,

I am deeply sorry you have been affected by an issue with your service and I can assure you I am working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

I appreciate you frustrations and have arranged to speak to you in the evening once I have a plan moving forward to resolve the issue.

I would ask that you contact us via one support channel as this can slow us down in responding to you and other customers.

Please bear with me and I will be in touch this evening.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: so frustrated...

Moderator's note(s):

Two threads by the OP merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still